Strangest bit of vinyl in your record collection

I recently got a new turntable, and I was going through all my albums, 78s, 45s, and realized on a whim I picked up a piece of goofiness that I doubt anyone on here would have:

Making Our Dreams Come True by Cindy Greico

Now, why is this goofy? It’s the theme song to Laverne and Shirley. I found it at a resale shop for a quarter and thought it was just too damn odd not to have(yes, I have played it).

Some have considered my 78 of Rosemary Clooney performing Mambo Italiano a bit strange. Of course, they’re wrong.

:smiley:

So, among the dopers who still have their vinyl, what is the strangest piece of vinyl you’ve got?

Outrageously wrong!

I think that would be the wonderful and stirring album Big Bird Sings. It features the epic masterpiece “No Matter What Your Language” sung by Big, Maria and Luis. Good times, good times.

Probably either my copy of **The Fugs’ **“Golden Filth”, or my single of Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing “The Little Drummer Boy”.

hmmm, I have an album by Jerry “the King” Lawler. A local wrestler. I also have both of David Soul’s albums. I am not sure why I still have these since I havn’t owned a turntable in years.

A Snake, Some Mice, Some Glue, and a Hole, Too

I was going to say Chipmunk Punk, but then I remembered I have a copy of Myron Floren’s Disco Polka. Sorry – no link. :smiley:

Take your pick. I have three Kermit Schafer “Pardon My Blooper!” double albums, one Kermit Schafer “Bloopy Awards” album, a promo copy of a Dick Clark “Radio’s Uncensored Bloopers” album, and something called “Music Inspired by Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk”.

I have an album of Music to Grow Plants By that someone gave me as a gift, back during the plants-can-respond-to-music idiocy of the 1970s.
I also have a copy of Bozo at the Circus, the very first appearance anywhere of Bozo the clown (voiced by Pinto Colvig, the undobted first Bozo. He was alo the voice of Goofy, not to mention being a professional circus clown). I also have one of the follow-up albums, Bozo Uner the Sea. Used to listen to them all the time as a kid. These albums ate from the 1940s. Larry Harmon and the TV shows came a lot later.

Gee, I don’t know…

I have Buckner & Garcia’s Pac Man Fever. I’ve got “The Best of Spike Jones” vols. 1 and 2. I’ve got a couple of “P.D.Q. Bach” albums and a couple of “Switched-On Bach” (eeeearly electronic music) albums.

I’m not sure how I got it, but I have the first All In The Family LP: its copyright date is 1971 (the year I was born :smiley: ), but I believe it was released in 1972. It’s in kind of crappy condition, and I hope to never part with it!

I’ve got a 78 RPM recording of “Civilization (Bongo Bongo Bongo, I Don’t Wanan Leave the Jungle)”, does that count?

Probably my extended single of “Tarzan Boy” by the sadly departed Baltimora.
Yes I was a trendoid in the 80s.

Oooooh! Is there a song on one of those that starts out “Hey, Mr. Elephant, how do you do?” I think it ends with “…and my voice is very low.” I remember my dad singing that when I was a wee one, and he swore it came from an old Bozo album. If it’s on there, can you send me the rest of the lyrics?

On topic, I own lots of weird 45s, including a bunch of demos from local bands from the late 70s. Probably the weirdest national release I have is an EP that features The Hounds’ version of “Do-Wah-Diddy-Diddy”, The Sinceros’ “Take Me To Your Leader”, The Beat’s “Don’t Wait Up For Me” and Jules and the Polar Bears’ “Good Reason”.

I have many, but 3 off the top of my head:

1. I forget the name of the EP, but the band’s name is Freaky Fukin Weirdos, and my favorite cut is called Brainstorm and Dub. It’s like nothing else I’ve ever heard. Really. The closest description I can muster is industrial reggae trance hop. From 20 years ago.

2. Scornflakes, Scorn in the U. S. A. This was a New York punk band of the mid-80’s and they toured with Flipper. This record is taken from a couple of live recordings. They were basically a punk-jazz improv band. Every note and word was essentially made up on the spot. They were talented, but really…how good could it be?

3. Ric Masten, The Homesick Snail - A Unitarian Universalist sings children’s songs with a message. Pretty good stuff, surprisingly.

Mae West’s Christmas album, Mae in December.

And Warm & Wavery, a strange collection of songs sung by Tony Randall, including the mega-hit “When Banana Skins are Falling I’ll Come Sliding Back to You.”

Ahhh…Flipper. Blowin Chunks. I totally forgot about those dudes…
Who me? I got The Soundtrack to Fritz The Cat. Only ever seen one copy, the one I bought.

“Lie” by Charles Manson (yes, him)
“Real Gonk, Man” by King Size Taylor & The Dominoes (the only thing he’s famous for is recording The Beatles at the Star Club on an amateur tape machine)
Copies of both early singles by Harry Nilsson, recording under the name of “Bo-Pete”
“We Love You, Call Collect” by Art Linkletter - a five-minute tear-fest about his daughter, who apparently tried to fly out an upper window while on acid.

But the weirdest record I own has to be “The Other Side” by Tiny Tim. This song is, in turn: psychedelic, cool, amazing, funny and clever, then pointless, stupid, annoying and bothersome. Reprise part one, coda part two. It might be the only place where you find out that ol’ Herb actually talked like a man!
I like it. I hate it. I like it.

P.S.: I have “Making Our Dreams Come True”. And also “Happy Days” by Pratt & McClain.

I have a Smith-Corona touch-typing course on vinyl.

Also a “How To Pronounce The Classics” album, though the label escapes me…maybe on Columbia?

A vinyl 45 of bugle calls.

Throbbing Gristle’s Greatest Hits, subtitled Entertainment Through Pain. Yes. Yes, it is. Anybody who’s still at the party after you play “Subhuman” is a fan of the band, or severely disturbed. Or both.

An album of Christmas music by The Four Tubadors. This one’s actually pretty good, as far as it goes.

I have a radio station copy of the Seagulls’ (Seattle based bubblegum band) 1967 cover of Dave Davies’ ‘Death of a Clown’ (I think they released it almost at the same time he did.) They changed the lyrics from ‘I’m drowning my sorrows in whiskey and gin’ to ‘clean them up’ for the American airways to the more bizarre ‘the circus is drowning, the clown cannot swim.’ (They also took a song that shot to number 4 in Britain in the summer of 1967 and turned it into the kind of children’s song that makes you want to go out and slap a puppy.)

I also have this bizarre record called ‘What’s it all About’, a 7" disc that was one of a series apparently released to radio stations in the south by a conservative church each of which contain snippets of interviews from rockers showing how conservatively and nicely Christian they are; mine has Ray Davies on one side and Glenn Campbell on the other; to the best of my knowledge, they were just taking audio interviews out of context (if anyone knows anything else, do let me know!)