Stuff Scientists Have Recently Learned About Covid

This NYT free link deserves a wider audience.

125 posts were split to a new topic: Revisiting covid denial and covid restrictions

They also learned you can get vaxxed 217 times with no negative effects:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/06/health/covid-217-shots-hypervaccination-lancet/index.html

Moderating:

All this stuff about who got covid and what restrictions might have been issued in which locations is a hijack to the subject, “what new has learned”. I apologize for participating in it. I’m going to move them to a different thread.

Let’s keep this thread to new info, and not avoid revisiting old arguments.

I’m not entirely sure if this is what the OP had I mind, but I find it exciting to think that the technology of mRNA vaccines is being applied to cancer research.

We are going to be able to immunize people against certain types of cancer in the near future.

And in looking for that I found this scientific paper. My unsophisticated reading of it is probably naive, but are they saying that the Covid vaccine itself showed efficacy against a specific carcinoma?

Great link, thanks!

Usually the vaccine would be directed against the tumor itself, but your paper is talking about a tumor regression caused by the covid vaccine. Apparently she had a pretty robust immune response after her second dose of the vaccine. The stimulation of her innate (non-specific) immune system by the vaccine, caused a systemic immune response with immune cells infiltrating and taking out her tumor like ninjas. Pretty cool.

It is exciting twenty years of research so quickly crystallized into an effective COVID vaccine.

To me, nothing says America more than its brightest minds working night and day to find a vaccine, proving it works and possibly saving millions of lives, and then millions of people preferring to take worm medication because it is their sacrosanct right to choose what they want to do with their individual body, unless talking about abortion.

Thanks for posting those links. I agree completely.

The optimism about how quickly this technology can advance is really exciting.

The good news is the vaxnuts will hate this vaccine too and soon the only people who get cancer will be those who deserve it.

And innocent bystanders for whom the vaccine isn’t 100% effective, or can’t take it because of an allergic reaction.

Yeah. Sadly there will always be those folks who want but can’t. Or at least can’t effectively.

Because cancer is not infectious, at least those poor folks won’t be carrying a disease burden caused by the too-stupid-to-vax crowd.

Unlike the case with COVID, flu, whooping cough, measles, etc.