Stuff that has happened to you that you are pretty sure that no one else has experienced.

I was in a multi-vehicle accident in which my car was hit by an airborne boat.

I might not be the only one, but I have to think it’s pretty rare.

Have you considered trying to develop some indoor hobbies?

Back in the '70s at the zoos it was common to be able to touch and feed many of the big animals, elephants, giraffes, and such. On a kindergarten field trip when I was 5, I had my back turned to the giraffes, and one of them picked me up by the backpack, threw me to the ground, then stole my lunch out of my backpack. So “attacked by giraffe” is my contribution to the thread.

That sounds nasty. A similar thing happened to me. But instead of punching me, he just shouted “fruit and sawdust!”

It still boggles my mind to this day.

I pretty much stared down a brown bear in Yosemite that wanted my pack.

1976, summer backpack from the valley to Tuolomie Meadows. Overambitious, and we didn’t anticipate snow that late in the season. Anyway, after a long day’s pack, we stopped at one of the backpack campgrounds. A brown bear charged right up to us, unafraid and looking for handouts. My friends scattered, and I was TOO TIRED to fuck with the bear. I pretty much yelled and waved my arms like he was some angry old lady and not the meat-eating predator that I should have seen a mile away. Ah to be 18 again.
Anyway, he instead stole my buddy’s backpack and ran away, with pots and clothing flinging from the pack as he ran. He finally dropped it, but it sustained a huge rip.

My friends, even then, told me I was insane.

I think you mean black bear. There aren’t any brown bears in California, and haven’t been for a long time.

When it hit, did it sound like this? :wink:

Sweet, a fellow fisheries observer! I was out February-April in 1989. If the timing is right I might have seen your ass!

Also, a brown bear would have ripped his face off.

I started reading this thread thinking I’d have nothing to contribute, then thought of something waaaay back in my past. It may not be entirely unique; in fact, it may be somewhat common in certain places, under certain conditions.

Shortly after the original Amityville Horror movie came out, my brother and I (both in our early teens) walked out of our house in mid-afternoon, entering the open 2-car carport. The ceiling and the 2 walls were painted a fairly bright white, if that matters. We also lived maybe half-a-block from a small stream (okay, a bayou). What we saw actually frightened us: flies. There had to easily have been thousands of flies, maybe even tens of thousands of flies, covering the ceiling and the walls, almost completely hiding all of the white paint. They were just sitting there, moving hardly at all.

We’d wave the end of a broom near them, and a few dozen would take off and swarm around for a few seconds, but then settle right back down where they’d been. Having seem the movie recently (on HBO?), we were actually scared and called Mom at work, near screaming about the Devil trying to get us. She sounded quite exasperated and told us to turn the hose on them. It took the better part of an hour, but we finally got the flies to all depart for quieter (and drier) roosts, thus defeating Satan’s nefarious plans for us.

Yay?

I rode my motorcycle alone from Miami to Panama City Panama a trip of more than 7000 miles and 23 days.

I paid cash for a triple bypass surgery in Barrenquilla Colombia. That was 9 years ago and they told me I had a 50 50 chance of living 5 years afterwards.

How about my brother? Does he count? he ain’t here, but at 15 years old he was riding his bicycle down a hill and hit a telephone pole and being a “Girls bike” folded up and caught his testicles between the two parts of the bike. Took an hour for a doctor and a daddy to get him out. He thought he’d never have kids, but he later did one of each kind.

Oh, duh. Oops. :o

thx

Oh I’ve got one.

I’ve been engaged to a woman before we ever went out on a date - and no not a mail-order bride or a night in Vegas.

So what Cad, I’m sure that’s happened to SOMEBODY before so why are you unique?
I’ve done it twice.

I was working 2 blocks away from his mosque in Jersey City in 1995 when it was announced that Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman had plotted to blow up the Holland Tunnel. I was a little put off by this.
At lunch time, I walked over to Kennedy Blvd and saw the media circus going on in front of the mosque. A spokesman was out in front of the mosque, hamming it up for cameras & giving interviews to reporters. I was a little put off by this as well.

I went into the Wendys on the corner, bought my lunch to go and I ordered a chocolate frosty. I then went back outside and started to walk around the block in a way that took me right by the front of the mosque. Three feet from the front door,
and not far from where the interview was being given was a large yellow metal-mesh trash bin. As I got close to it, I took a sip of the frosty, and with a look of disgust, threw it into the trash yelling, “…this shake Sucks!

Instantly, undercovers were all over me, looking to see if they should arrest me. I merely informed them that it was a chocolate frosty, that I didn’t like the taste, and I disposed of it in a trash can instead of littering.
A few cops and many reporters started to laugh at this point, but to be honest the mosque spokesman was very cross with me and he continued to shout rapidly at my back in Farsi as I walked away and went back to work.

#SoHowWasYourLunch

Did you win the argument? I’ve told DM’s they were wrong many times but never won.

Audio or it didn’t happen.

Regards,
Shodan

In 2007 I pulled three quarters out of my pocket. They were dated 1976, 1977, and 1978.

I’m sure that ranks up there in the “very improbable” as opposed to the “no one else has ever experienced this”, but it’s what came to mind.

golf clap

How were you thwarted? Why can’t you still walk around a closed temple?