Stuff that has happened to you that you are pretty sure that no one else has experienced.

I was gently hugged and kissed by a tiger cub. This was at a roadside zoo during a rainstorm. The keeper was bored, took us back to see the cub, and asked “do you want to hold him?”, while shoving him into my arms. The cub put his paws on either side of my head and kissed me.

You should both read “The Lazlo Letters” by Lazlo Toth. Hilarious letters and responses.

Burpo is Insomnia Mama’s dad, duh! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not unique in the world, but may be to the board AND I wanna show off! I have just won a seat in the Aussie Millions poker tournament. It’s a dream come true for me :slight_smile:

How is your finger?

I once drove a golf ball off the tee straight through the windscreen of golf buggy.:o

Volkswagon by any chance? Mine was a fastback.

I’m sorry, the same happened to me; you are not the only one.

I hit the back of my calf with a running chainsaw and barely bled. It bounced.
I did go to an emergency clinic for a butterfly stitch because, well, it was a chainsaw!

I danced to disco music on a Russian fishing boat in the Bering Sea. I guess I wasn’t alone in that, but I bet I’m the only Doper who’s done it. And probably the only American.

Nerdvana!

I’m sure you were technically correct (the best kind of correct)!

Holy shit. Has there been a thread about who has the most stitches from one incident, because you may be a shoo-in.

I was attacked from behind by a Goshawk. Also, bitten by a penguin. Not in a zoo. Stung by a stingray too.

Nature is not nice sometimes.

I mooned a Russian fishing trawler from the flying bridge of a Polish fishing trawler. In my defense, I’d been at sea for 60 days with a bunch of Polish fishermen, and was going a bit loopy.

I lost the right rear wheel, with half the back axle, in Cincinnati. Thought I had a flat and went to pull over. Glancing into the rear view mirror, I saw a shower of sparks. Turns out I was driving on three wheels and a shock absorber.

The whole assembly bounced across four lanes of traffic and didn’t hit anyone.

In my opinion, four of those teeth were less than completely wise.

I’m guessing your entry is the closest to unique.

Congratulations!

I’m assuming I’m the only person around who was introduced to the Straight Dope by his first wife, and later met and married his second wife on the Dope.

There is something in the water of these here boards…

Met my wife on Omegle.com.

This ain’t your everyday dating site. It’s not even a dating site.

You’re paired with a random person which you can disconnect from at any time, anonymously.

No contact information is given upon entering the individual chat and you can keep it that way if you wish by hitting ‘next’.

I’ve poked around on the internet a bit but I can only find maybe one instance of this happening elsewhere.

I’m sure none of these are fully unique, but maybe unique among dopers:
-I was made an honorary citizen of the city of Vienna (due to my youth orchestra’s stirring rendition of The Blue Danube Waltz)
-I had a wisdom tooth that was growing in funny. One day at work it broke right off, leaving nasty sharp ridges. So I grabbed my swiss army knife, opened up the file, and filed down my own broken tooth, at my desk at work
-I lost my phone on the New York Subway… and then didn’t even consider calling up to see if it ended up in a Lost+Found, because I figure they had bigger fish to fry on 9/11/2001. (Also, previously to 9/11 I had been working on a video game in which giant monsters tromp around a city knocking over buildings, so some part of my reaction to the WTC collapsing was “oh, so THAT’S what it really looks like”. That game was cancelled shortly thereafter.)
-I got in touch with an artist who does the art for Magic: The Gathering cards and got him to put two of my friends into the art for an actual Magic card as an engagement present for them. Then they broke up.

A friend of mine lives at that intersection.