Stuff that has happened to you that you are pretty sure that no one else has experienced.

Not sure this is unique, but its unusual.

I was the victim of a hit and run by an individual on a moped who was fleeing from two bicycle cops.

Aside from some scrapes and bruises’ the only injury was to my pride.

Probably belonged to the person who topped up the cash bins in the machine. Inside the machine are sharp edges, and they probably cut themselves.

what was your dad doing with Burpo’s tonsils?

That happened to me on Sepulveda Pass in Los Angeles back in the days when LA freeways weren’t stop-and-go 24/7.

And yes it was my left/rear tire too.

Not me but someone I was with: I was walking with a fellow student to class and she got hit in the forehead by a bird (that kept on flying). Wow.

I walked in on Alan Greenspan while he was sitting on Ayn Rand’s toilet. The light wasn’t on, and the door was ajar, so I went in and turned on the light. He said, “I don’t care which side of the door you’re on, but please close it.”

That happened to a friend of mine on the motorway and thankfully no one was hurt as well.
A great excuse for why she was 2 hours late for work.

I ran up the down escalator at the Wheaton Metro station (Washington DC Metro). At the time it was the longest escalator in the world.

I mopped Donald Rumsfeld’s poop off of the cargo floor of a C-17. He didn’t directly poop on floor (and it wasn’t just his poop, but also the poop of his staff), but there was a leaky pump and I ended up cleaning up the leakage.

I also, with the assistance of some overzealous Secret Service agents and a frightened young Airman, dumped poop on the Andrews Air Force Base flight line as we were waiting for Dick Cheney to board our plane.

I can think of plenty of things that would be unusual for a general audience to have experienced, but things that absolutely nobody else has experienced? That takes work.

I was rumored to be carrying a curse by a prominent Cameroonian Sultan, who unbeknownst to me was known for cursing people who shook his hand. I did, indeed, experience a streak of mild bad lucj. Years later, I was in Kathmandu. In a dusty bookshop, I picked up a quirky little tome full of self-guided walking tours around some of the city’s more eclectic sites. One of those sites was a small, unassuming temple on a side road that was apparently famous for being able to remove any curse just by walking around it.

Unfortunately, it was closed when I went there.

I’d eat my hat if anyone else had ever been thwarted at that temple from removing a curse from a Cameroonian sultan.

I was doorman at a record store when we hosted The Ramones to do an in-store appearance, 1980. For some reason, the band came right in the front door, and I VERY absent-mindedly asked JOEY RAMONE for his backpack to hold until he left (that was my job that day, for the customers). He gave it to me and looked into my eyes with the weird look he had. I will never forget that.

My co-workers immediately socked me on the arm and alerted me that I was being stupid. THIS IS THE BAND, DUMBASS!!!

I’m one of the very few people to have seen both “North” and “Mac and Me” in theaters, more or less as a customer. I was a kid; I can’t remember exactly asking my parents to see either one, but even so, that’s pretty rare.

I had the rare chance to be in the right place at the right time to moon Air Force One at VERY low altitude. I mostly failed to take it because I didn’t know it would occur until it was happening.

I also enjoyed the after effects of hammering a nail into an Estes rocket engine nozzle. Who the hell ELSE does that?

PS (don’t do either)

I have been in two car wrecks in my life, both at the same exact intersection and going the same direction in Atlanta metro area. I have gone through that intersection only 10-12 times in my life.

I was riding shotgun the first time, driving the second time.

So I got about 20% accident frequency at that intersection. a 0% accident frequency otherwise.

FWIW It was the Intersection of Ponce de Leon and East Lake Dr in Decatur…Headed West on Ponce de Leon)

Nope, me too. I’m posting on my phone or I’d also link to photographic proof. Also a cub, who I snuggled for 10 min while visiting backstage at Marine World in Vallejo.

My old GF and I were once walking on a trail by a creek - when a tree fell. It toppled right into the creek. I dont know how long that tree had been holding on and ready to fall but I think it was weird that it happened right then.

Funny. I was working at the B. Dalton bookstore in Santa Barbara (La Cumbre plaza!) and:

• Asked Julia Child for ID when she was buying a cookbook with a check (this was the early 80’s). She was 6’2" and, well, Julia freakin’ Child - so, yeah, it was funny and she chuckled as I simply kept processing the transaction.

• Helped supermodel Kathy Ireland buy a book. She was…stunning. At the time she was maybe late teens - she hadn’t worked on her voice, so when I approached her and she asked for a coffee table book with pictures of skiing, the way she said “you know, like Jackson Hole” stuck in my head because it sounded like she had just sucked down a balloon full of helium.

• Ended up meeting a guitar geek’s guitar god, Seymour Duncan. He has worked on everyone’s guitars and founded a company that makes electric guitar parts that is super well-regarded. This guy came into the bookstore wearing a t-shirt that had a picture of a patent drawing for the Gibson Les Paul. I asked him about it, we got to talking, and based on some of his answers, I said “um, who are you?” and when he answered “Seymour Duncan” I freaked out, which amused him. He invited me to his factory and ended up giving me some pickups he had made for Jeff Beck but which had minor cosmetic issues, and sold me a pre-production amp he was releasing - for a couple of hundred bucks, when it would retail for well over $1,000. Very menschy guy.
    So I am pretty sure those encounters are cool for entries to this thread…

Dirt bike accident when I was 11 years old. 1972, Yamaha 100cc.

The fender slipped between my helmet and head and pretty much scalped me. Rear tire, still spinning drug me right in. 130 stitches later, and I’m all fine. Full head of hair and a bit of a Frankenstein scar on my forehead. It tans a little weird is about it. And I only have ‘crease’ lines on one side of my forehead.

Thanksgiving day 1972.

Thank you! You have solved a mystery that has been bothering me for nearly twenty years. I mean, I figured it might have belonged to a human (given the very limited possibilities) but couldn’t figure out how it would have gotten there.

I’ll try three experiences with an increasing likelihood of being unique:

• had an elephant tread on my foot (it was only a baby one at a zoo and no harm done)

• as a player in front of hundreds of spectators at a National Roleplaying Final I told Gary Gygax (the guest DM) he was wrong :eek: (well, he was - but perhaps I shouldn’t have…)

• had a full-time job teaching chess, roleplaying and computer games :cool: