Stupid Black idea of the day.

August 15th, the day I learned I wasn’t clever.

CarnalK has a dream. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If anyone’s interested in figuring out the point, you can simply click on the link to tomndeb’s quote in the OP. Here, I’ll link you to the thread where this started.

I question if this thread was a good way to make the point, but the point itself is valid.

But I suspect the arc of the CarnalK thread is short and it bends toward closure.

Close this thread? On page one? Oh, hell naw. I’m riding this train wreck until it derails into a fuel refinery.

How long is a forthwith?

Said the straightman

So many train wrecks, so few train junkyards.

…jumping the tracks, roaring downhill across a highway filled with cattle trucks, tractor-trailers hauling liquid propane and chlorine, and a busload of clowns, through an orphanage filled with screaming children…

The cleverness of the OP has a shelf life of one post. Actually just a little less than one post.

I’m right with you! And why the heck would the thread need closing anyway?

At the risk of being off topic… an oblique pitting of tomndebb is unreasonable when he’s promoting the cautious point of view that a blanket prohibition on a relatively broad brush might either have to have a ton of inconsistency via exceptions for special classes or will have unintended consequences.

Now, to be fair, the children will be screaming with delight.
I mean, hey, trucks, cows, flaming clowns, and a train!

Actually, as a colleague just pointed out, this is a complaint about moderation - and complaints about moderation aren’t allowed in the Pit. So, reluctantly, this is closed.