Stupid fucking people!

From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/12/alien.fish.ap/index.html

Some fucking idiot let some Chinese meat eating fish go in a pond in Maryland… 2 years ago. And they are apparantly thriving.

They grow to 3 feet long and have incredible appetites. Not only that, listen to this:

These fucking fish are nightmare material!

What in the fuck is wrong some people?

“can live three days out of water and even walk short distances on their fins in search of food”

Sounds like a Swede.

Picture this:

You’re out in the woods, hanging out with your buddies. You’ve had a few beers, you’re feeling pretty good…

…and all of a sudden a fish goes walking by.

Hell, maybe you don’t even need the beers to be freaked out, although personally I’d rather have had 'em, just so people don’t think I’m flipping out.

Have you heard the story about the hot springs in Banff, bernse? In the forties or thereabouts, people put tropical fish in the hot springs because they thought it would be cool. Turns out the tropical fish absolutely thrived in that environment, and all the local fish are having a very hard time now. At least people then had the excuse of not being aware of what problems are caused by animals out of their native environments (see also: Australia and Antarctica); doing this two years ago is just criminally stupid.

(Three feet long meat-eating fin-walking Snakehead fish?!? I think I’m going to have nightmares!)

Creepy. It seems like horror movie material to me. Eeeeew.

They’ve been running to story on National Geographic Today for the past couple of weeks. The fish is really nasty looking. It looks like a cross between a pirhana, a bigmouth bass, and an eel or something. Very ugly. I’m amazed they could catch it on a line without it just cutting right through it.

The pond was kind of ugly, too, so I’d just kill off the whole thing rather than risk it getting to a river or a big lake.

Maybe they can hire the geniuses that tried to eradicate the Northern Pike from Lake Davis in NoCal by poisoning the lake, which resulted in poisoning the local water supply but not getting rid of the Pike… :rolleyes:

They can do anything to the yahoo who dumped em in either. Damn statute of limitations has expired.

“can live three days out of water and even walk short distances on their fins in search of food”

Sounds like a Swede.

You didn’t get that right, it should have been:

“can live three days out of water and even walk short distances ON Finns in search of food”.

We Swedes are a hardy bunch… I wonder what those snakeheads taste like?

This is just more evidence in support of my belief that the world is slowly becomming a B movie.

Anyone ever hear about the consequences of releasing a bucketfull of nile perch into lake victoria in the fifties were?

It was used as a case demonstration of incubation periods in my EEB class.

I got premature posting that, since here’s a link to a story:

http://www.oneworld.org/patp/pap_victoria.html