Stupid Gun news of the day (Part 1)

Well, it just goes to show you: you can’t use “The Castle Doctrine” without laying a good foundation first…

Baffling shooting at a California movie theater:

Sidebar on that article, with links to other articles, includes article saying a suspect has been arrested.

Florida toddler shoots mom in the head while she is on a Zoom call.

Altamonte Springs police believe a toddler found an unsecured gun.

So, there’s the possibility that it was the toddler’s EDC gun?

A 19y/o woman shot a man right in the Kenosha with his own pistol (that he was not legally allowed to have), discovering to her startlement that this cat-laser-toy contained a magazine (and, presumably, a chambered round).

You know how the ammosexuals are always trying to stretch out gun/car analogies? Well, this one covers the analogy part pretty well

Hit them all, that is pretty good shooting.

“Ended up shooting the driver”. I guess it could not have been helped. When things descend into chaos, it is good to have lotsa guns around. Right?

She’d already shot three (and killed one). No reason to think she was done. Of course, it would have been better if she wasn’t armed to start with.

Could have been worse. She could have shot the cat.

I love how these descriptions always say “the gun accidentally went off” as if a gun sitting on a table could spontaneously fire. It should say, “The woman pulled the trigger to fire the gun because she didn’t know what the fuck she was doing while handling a deadly weapon.”

I suppose they could say “unintentionally went off”, but I am inclined to say it should read “… and the gun went off.”. No need for qualifiers, and, absolutely, no call for suggesting that there are accidents involving guns.

“The deadly weapon was left unattended by some moron ”

The onus should be on the “responsible gun-owner”. If there is no one to assume that role it is a failure in regulation. Quit the victim blaming.

“…who a witness said had been drinking…”

No, really? How unexpected.

Really, some people shouldn’t be trusted with a hole puncher, never mind a firearm.

A firearm is a hole puncher.

Through an act of negligence the gun discharged.

Now that sentence could use a qualifier: “… extreme …”

While the driver qualifies this story for this thread, I can’t blame the neighbor for shooting the shooter. The article could have been a little less cavalier in its description, however,

5 YO kills 3 YO.

Sure, “accidental”. Try the little bastard as an adult, I bet he’d been tormenting that kid for weeks. </s>