Stupid liberal idea of the day

Down the hall, on the left.

Does anyone really not know that depicting blacks as monkeys has been done since the 1800’s to dehumanize* them?

Please, D’Anconian and adaher and anyone else, do read up. Preferably before you post on a subject.
*Or, worse, PRE-humanize them. Seems to me that showing them to be a step between apes and humans lets whites feel better about treating them as inferiors. I mean, it’s science/God’s will/natural law…

So, this and your previous statement make clear that you don’t classify Cruz specifically or Latinos/Latinas as “white”.

Please, what is your definition of “white”? I think that’s a pretty simple question, so I don’t understand why you are afraid to answer it.

Whatever you say. Trolling the board since 2001, according to your join date.

What the fuck did I say that was racist?

Denying context.

It’s like saying, “The law prohibits both rich and poor from sleeping under bridges,” and then claiming that your law against sleeping under bridges doesn’t discriminate against poor people. No one is convinced by such sophistry.

This was seen in the Voter ID farrago, where the defense was, “Since everyone will have to prove their ID, it affects everyone equally” – and then they close registration offices in majority-black counties.

That sort of gives away the game.

What did I say that was racist?

This:

Racists are never able to recognize when they are being racist.

Stop trolling, please.

Cite a racist comment that I made, or STFU.

Only the truly ignorant will claim to be unaware of the past history of comparing African-Americans to apes/monkeys.
A racist will pretend to be ignorant.

Okay. How about this:

You stated, in no uncertain terms, that it was perfectly okay to refer to black people as monkeys. You’ve been on this board and in political threads for years. Enough time and topics to be well aware of the fact that “monkey” has had a racist component for well over a century.

So, once again, no cite that I made a racist comment.

I thought that being a jerk was against the rules, here. Making up shit about other posters should qualify.

iiAndyiii pointed out that it was not right to refer to the children of Obama and Cruz as monkeys, given the racist connotation of the word through the years.

You said that, even with the racist connotation of the word, it’s perfectly okay to refer to black children as monkeys.

You stated that black children should certainly be able to be called names, particularly racist ones.

You said that here.

The exact language was

By saying it’s not okay to not call black kids monkeys, you are giving tacit approval of people using racial slurs to refer to black children. And, by condoning the behavior, you are, in act, being racist.

No one is making up shit about you. They’re pointing out that you are okay with racial slurs being used against children.

His denial is his cite.

No, I didn’t, you fat fucking liar. I disagree with Andy’s assertion that it’s worse to call Obama’s kids names instead of Cruz’s. Calling anyone’s kids names is bad.

You and Andy just don’t like Cruz and it’s coloring your perception.

Except that wasn’t the assertion. The assertion was a * specific * name that was being used.

Except that it’s not worse, it’s just as bad.

I don’t believe that I have ever actually expressed an opinion regarding Cruz on this board.

That is one possible interpretation of his words. I don’t think it’s fair to assume that it’s the correct one.

:sigh:

I agree.

And yet, I support anything that makes D’Anconia angry.

Dammit, what’s a gal to do?