Stupid TV game show contestants

Remember, in the sequences round you get (at most) three clues, and you have to answer with the fourth. How may clues did it take you?

Two. What else could it be? :smiley:

Ditto. Doesn’t get any easier than that. Maybe “peanut butter, jelly” or “corned beef, Russian dressing”?

What I hate is on Pyramid when a team reaches the winners circle. The clue giver almost always goes into brain freeze:

“Um, duh, tard, uh, drool, duh, um”.

And the poor sap that’s supposed to guess the answer is left sitting there with a look on their face like “fucking say something you dipshit!!!”

Either that or he/she starts spewing out wrong guesses so fast the other guy can’t get a word in edgewise.

I am soooooo with you on this! So easy to get a ‘freebie’ by tossing the first number.

And I hate it when the contestants lose a game and start with the “That’s alright!” bullshit. You just stood in line for 9 fucking hours, sat through 5 hours of taping nonesense, beat the odds by getting called up on stage, win a fucking bid against four random assholes and you you lose a car because you missed the price of a fucking package of instant mashed potatoes by a dollar? FUCK! That is NOT ALL RIGHT!!

Hard to give an answer to “Duh, um, oof, um, uh, drool, tard, duh!”

My favorite was the Family Feud bonus round (Richard Dawson era) where the question was “Name an animal with three letters in its name”. First contestant comes up with “Frog”, and the second answered “Alligator”.

Like with Cliff on Jeopardy!, it’s pretty hard to dispute those answers. After all, Dawson didn’t say only three letters.

All it takes is one clue to set them off.

CATEGORY: Things you give as gifts.

CELEBRITY: : Uhmm … Jewelry … uhmm…

CONTESTANT : Things that shine. Things you polish. Things that are beautiful. Things that cost a lot. Things you wear. Things you…

The best part was Dawson’s banter with the second contestant afterwards: “You don’t use narcotics, do you, Bob?” “No, but I will.”

Gene: [the word is “cream”] You put this in your coffee.

Joey: Uh - a spoon! Your hands! Your face!

Gene: It’s white.

Joey: Paper! Snow! A ghost!

Gene: It’s heavier than milk.

Joey: A rock! A dog! The earth!

Gene: Pass.

Gene: [the word is “mayonnaise”] You put this on a sandwich.

Joey: Salami! Anchovies! Jam!

Gene: It’s white.

Joey: Paper! Snow! A ghost!

I noticed under Steve Harvey the writers deliberately seem to include questions now that will automatically have either a stupid or profane response just to give Steve Harvey an excuse to riff.

The most blatant one I saw was basically “Name something a female college student is more likely to put in her mouth than her male counterpart”

The #1 answer was “Toothbrush”

What was #2? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This just heard on vintage Pyramid:

CATEGORY: Things you see in a war movie.

CELEBRITY: The place in Hawaii that the Japanese bombed.

CONTESTANT: Waikiki! Diamondhead! Bikini!

(She eventually got Pearl Harbor just before the buzzer sounded.)

In no particular order from what I remember

Diet Drink
Water
Breath Mint
Birth Control
Celery

Well, that was a letdown! :frowning:

Call two numbers during your turn. Here’s why:

1. There are three Wild Cards on the board at the beginning of the game. That means four possible matches. That’s a 17% chance that you get lucky and make a match.
  2. Calling one number and passing every turn may be a decent strategy but makes for a boring spectacle. Everybody will be rooting against you.

I have always thought wheel of fortune contestants were some of the dumbest people on God’s green earth …

one thing ive noticed people never realize is on family feud is you dont have to be right you just have to know what the popular answer is

I had a relative that hated family feud because the most popular answers were always “wrong” and she felt it just made human stupidity worse

SNL parodied that, as well.