Stupid Yuppie STOP FUCKING UP MY COUNTRY

Do i need to make a new aluminum foil hat again?

Nope it doesn’t…unless, of course…you have…I dunno…any SHRED of evidence to support such a ridiculous notion?

Wow tradesilicon, you still think my post was ONLY about SUVs and Yuppies.

Erek

It would take much longer than that to scrub it free of the ignorance you’ve soiled it with.

I didn’t say someone slits the driver’s throat monthly, or kills the driver, but I’d be willing to bet that someone has some kind of psychotic attack on a greyhound bus at least once a month, and while I don’t have a holy “cite” I can tell you that violent crime is pretty high here, and I’ve never heard of Greyhound shutting down operations nationwide because some psycho caused the bus to crash.

Erek

Not only do you not listen to the news, you can’t even remember what you said yourself from one minute to the next.
Moron.

This thread really affirms the “Who’s the bigger fool, the fool, or the fool who argues with him” proverb. I’ve noticed a few of you have just decided that it’s great to call me a moron because you read more non-fiction books than I did. Well, actually I’m focusing this on ferrous mostly, who took his feeling of superiority from this thread to another thread and apparently didn’t really read what I said in the other thread.

You’re right though. I did say that, I am sorry, I made a mistake. it wasn’t necessarily a terrorist. It was just some psycho greyhound reacted to, as though he was a terrorist, however, you are able to support the fact that I am a moron by ignoring what I have actually said because I made a simple mistake of grammar. Gomen Nasai Gomen Nasai Ferrous-san.

Erek

What I don’t think you understand is that living with a prudent security is not the same as living in fear. If there is going to be a second wave, we don’t know which direction it’s going to come from, and I think the terrorists we’re dealing with now are too smart to go the same road twice. When the Greyhound bus was crashed, we had absolutley no way of knowing if this was the start of a second-wave or not. Thankfully, it didn’t seem to be, but there would have been hell to pay by everyone involved if it had been another beginning and things weren’t brought to a standstill pretty quickly.

Lieke it or not, we’re all living in a new world since Sept. 11th.

While I agree with you about living in New World, I think what we need to do is get tougher, not tighter on security. There really are only two ways we can get tighter on security. Shut things down, or Tighten our grip on personal freedoms. Neither of which I am willing to do. So, I am more willing to sacrifice personal security. It’s unfortunate but generally security and freedom are in direct opposition. Too many freedoms have been taken away because someone said, “Well I don’t intend on doing that anyway, so they can take that freedom away, so that I’ll be safe.”, and now it’s gonna be even worse than it was before this, if we don’t just stand up and take our lumps. Everyone is talking about how strong and brave our country is turning out to be and all I see is a bunch of cowards hiding behind a rich military with some very visible minority showing how strong and brave they are.

Erek

Well, maybe, but I think there’s a difference between bravery in fighting for your country and wanting to be safe from a terrorist attack. I’m more than willing to be a martyr; not so willing to be a victim.

I would love to stick around and explain in greater depth why you are a moron, but it’s time for me to go home now. I will be back tomorrow at about 9am PT, and we can continue then, if necessary. In the meantime, since I don’t speak Japanese, would you care to translate that undoubted gem of wisdom into English?

Well, I guess I can understand that point of view except that the actual percentage of the population in actual danger is pretty low. We had one major mass murder on Sept 11th, but you are much more likely to be shot driving through a bad neighborhood, or even die in a car crash, or get cancer from your cell-phone, or many other dangers that we avoid in the name of living our lives as we choose to live them. Now, you can go outside, live as you already did and risk becoming a victim, or you can stay inside, avoid your plans to go to large high-profile populated areas and ensure being a victim.

Me, I am moving back to New York because of this. The worst thing for me in all this was NOT being in New York on Sept 11th. I was already intending to move back, but I was vascillating, now it’s affirmed and I am going back. I was gone for five months, and wish I had not been.

Erek

It means “So Sorry, So Sorry Ferrous-(respectful diminutive)”

Erek

I think I speak on behalf of all 8 million of us when I say that we’d really prefer you didn’t.

:rollseyes:

Don’t worry, I won’t run in the same crowd as you I’m sure.

Erek

Think of it as your personal punishment for forgetting your suitcase, manhattan

What the hell is a yuppie, anyway? Young Urban Professional? So what’s the maximum yuppie age? 'Cause I don’t think you could characterize any of the airline bosses as “young”. They’re the ones doing all the firing. And why? It’s not because Mr and Mrs SUV cancelled their seat sale to Disney. Airline profit is all in business class. It’s companies cutting back on business travel that’s hurting the airlines. Business travel was way down before Sept 11, by the way.

How about SUV-owning professionals who don’t live in urban areas? Are they yuppies to be scorned, too?

Non-professionals who live in the city and drive big, bad, dangerous SUV’s - yuppies or not?

Speaking of, why do SUV’s get all the flack these days? What about all the old codgers swerving their huge gas guzzling cadillacs 35MPH all over the freeway? Taking up three spaces at the Safeway because they can’t see the parking stripes? Nobody complains about them anymore. The bastards.

And pickup trucks - who outside of a farmer needs a pickup truck, right? They’re easily as big and evil as SUV’s. Therefore, yuppies in pickups must be bad too. We could call 'em “pickuppies”. And spit at them. Yeah.

Pickups are oftentimes considered SUVs. And I was referring to the people who bought SUVs because they are terrified of driving, in otherwords putting other people in MORE danger for their own safety. I mean, how many of these people have driven up on the trunks of smaller cars and such because they don’t know where their front end is, causing MORE damage than tapping their bumper would have done?

My point is the fear aspect, but it’s ok if you want to justify SUVs in this thread, there is room in it for that.

Erek

You wouldn’t happen to have a handy cite for all this bullshit, would you? How the fuck do you know why millions of people buy SUV’s? How do you know that driving an SUV makes someone more likely to get in an accident “because they don’t know where their front end is”? Utter fucking nonsense. Grow up.

Same cite he supplied for these gems

• "Yeah, let’s shut down greyhound because one guy went nuts on a greyhound. That probably happens monthly, we live in a violent fucking country. "

• and “but I’d be willing to bet that someone has some kind of psychotic attack on a greyhound bus at least once a month”

• …and that yuppies buy SUVs “based on fear”

• …and that “yuppies RUN greyhound”

He has yet to prove ANY of his assertions.

mswas is adept in not letting facts cloud the issue at hand

This has got to be one of the dumbest rants I have ever seen.

Yes, blame all the Yuppies that drive SUVs (hey, despite the second post from the op, he/she did blame it all on a group of no-longer-existant people that were popular in the 80s and early 90s.) All Yuppies are all the ones that started this mess. Yes ALL middle and upper class people are the ones that aren’t flying or have changed their ways of life.

Oh fuck you, you little dog-poop-grown-magget (sp), this is a time of uncertainty. Not everyone is so ready to respond like your brave ass self…

Whatever.

It’s still a lame ass rant. Go spend some money and take a flight and quit whining about it.

BTW, need anyone remind you that we were in the beginnings of a recession and this just threw it further. I thought you forgot that.

Now, go grow your carrots, your grains and stop whining about inane shit and do your part to help recover. If you can’t afford it then that’s your problem, not the problem of those that are uneasy to fly or lost a shit load in the stock market.

Butt Nugget, sheesh.