Stupid Yuppie STOP FUCKING UP MY COUNTRY

You know who you are. If you don’t, let me refresh your memory, last year you bought a Ford Expedition because of all those crazy drivers that almost hit you every time you stick your bumper into the center of the lane, so you decided you had to have a tank to protect yourself from all those other drivers on the road because YOU ARE SCARED SHITLESS OF LIFE IN GENERAL. You know who you are. You know, you bought those blinds that cover your windows and are bullet proof? Yeah, you’re figuring it out now?

WELL STOP FUCKING UP MY COUNTRY. I want you to know it’s NOT the goddamn terrorists fucking things up. They knocked out a few buildings they crashed a bus, but people have survived worse things in wartime. It’s you assholes that are not buying plane tickets, cancelling your damn trips to Disneyland and more or less shutting down the whole fucking country because you don’t have the balls to leave your house anymore. I mean you barely did before as can be evidenced by your Ford Expedition, it was the closest you could come to bringing the goddamn house with you I suppose. I bet you were sad you couldn’t afford a fucking Humvee. Well, in case you don’t realize it, you are the one causing more terrorist attacks. You are the one telling them that their attacks are more effective in this country than anywhere else in the world. You, the asshole that made the decision to close down greyhounds service for a day, or maybe it was YOU, the asshole that just decided to postpone his vacation to Disneyland. Anyhow, you’re a pussy, you’re ruining my country, and I hate you for it. It’s not the pacifists that are for the terrorists, it’s YOU GODDAMNIT, it’s YOU that are for the terrorists. Whether you want something or not, if you ask for it, someone’s going to give it to you. Well I don’t want that many more attacks, and I am not asking for it, so please stop fucking deciding for me.

This rant has ended.

Erek

Ooooh look! Another SUV rant.

Yawn.

I’m not even going to address your terrorist comparison, which is beneath contempt.

BUT. If I hear one more person telling me to spend money for freedom, I’m going to puke.

Did it ever occur to anyone that people aren’t spending money because they don’t have any? Go take a peek in the jobless thread. Read about the layoffs and threatened layoffs in the news paper.

And how is maxing out your credit cards going to help anything. The savings rate in this country is already in the negative percents.

And excuse me if I don’t fucking feel like going to Disneyland right now. It’s a scary enough place when the world is going well.

Ah. So “yuppie” is fully pejorative now, is it?

Let’s see . . . if I own an SUV, I caused the terrorist attacks. Check. If I don’t go to Disneyland, I caused the terrorist attacks. Check. The head of Greyhound caused the terrorist attacks by shutting down service yesterday morning. Check. If I’m a young urban professional, I caused the terrorist attacks. Check. If I decide to postpone any purchases or travel, I caused the terrorist attacks. Check, check, check.

Erek, you’re almost painfully stupid, aren’t you?

SCORE!!!

I realize that this was kind of frenetic and jumped around.

So I am going to spell it out.

“You” refers to anyone who has changed anything about their lifestyle due to fear of further attacks. The Onus of this is even more on corporate types that have made decisions to shut things down.

The thing about the expeditions and shit like that was just a rant against the type of yuppie that makes many of their life decisions based upon fear, namely buying a huge SUV because they can’t drive in the hope that they will be protected, though the potential harm to others is greatly increased. Hopefully Darwin will be giving them an award soon.

Erek

That’s some mighty impressive projection of motives there, mswas. With your impressive ability to see into the minds of strangers, you could make a fortune as a stage magician. Except your personality is more abrasive than a belt sander, which I think would tend to repulse audience. Repulses the hell out of me, anyway.

His stupidity is causing me pain.

Yuppies do not take Greyhound. There’s never any Grey Poupon on those things, and the Chardonnay always tastes corked. Yeesh.

I’ve re-read this “sentence twice”…it’s STILL not a sentence…it’s not even close to being coherant. I want those 20 seconds of my life back you twit.

And for the record, mswas, since you can’t be bothered to get your facts straight before you start your squealing, it wasn’t a terrorist who caused that bus to crash, it was just a random nutcase. One of your friends, maybe?

I think the ideal we are striving for is to continue living according to the same principles, not to shrug off an act of war committed against our nation and try to pretend that nothing happened. That’s just stupid. Expecting everyone to feel as safe today as they did September 10th is just stupid, as well.

Look, what happened in New York City and at the Pentagon changes things. Life is different now. More different for some than for others, but still different. And blaming the people who feel different now than they did then is just stupid, too.

Somehow coming to the conclusion that it’s yuppies that are responsible for life being different now is somewhat beyond “just stupid,” and has crossed into really fucking stupid. Blaming people who don’t feel safe flying now for causing terrorist attacks is something so stupid I don’t even have words to describe it. It really boggles the mind how you could be so immune to logic that that thought could actually escape unharmed from your brain.

No shit.

Besides, the last time I took the Greyhound to the boulevard, I had a very hard time scoring chicks. For some reason it just doesn’t ooze that “I’m willing to spend shitloads of money on you for a night of meaningless sex” that the BMW 325i Convertible does.

Did I say at any one point that any one of these things makes you a supporter of the terrorists? And to Cher did I say that spending money makes you fight the terrorists? No, I didn’t say either thing.

I just equated fearful megalomaniac yuppies that buy SUVs because they are tanks to protect them from mean evil other drivers that are out to kill them. In otherwords I was pointing toward the Politically Correct mafia that makes their decisions based upon fear, and is perfectly willing to give up their freedoms in order to be safe.

My point as such is that by changing your lifestyle in such an overwhelming way that it upsets the way our country functions due to fear, you are encouraging more terror attacks. It has nothing to do with spending your money at Disneyland, it has to do with living your life as you would have before Sept 11th. We have a real issue here, and that is that people are losing their jobs at a fantastic rate because the people that were supposed to supply their workplace with money are not supplying it. Airlines are FUCKED. So no, buying a new car isn’t going to help us. Buying a new CD player is not going to help us. But NOT FLYING is definitely going to hurt us, it’s a sad fact no matter HOW tired you are of hearing people telling you to spend to fight terrorism.

I wish people would look to Israel. They don’t shut things down because well, that’s what the terrorists want. My wife who is Israeli had to take the number 5 bus every day. It was blown up 3 times in the same week, but she took it every day. Israel is not brought nearly so low at any time due to terrorist attacks as we have been, because we have too much fear to fight it. And yes my friend, if these things apply to you, you are encouraging terrorism. If you want to fight terrorism, then live your fucking life as you would have lived it to accomplish the goals you set before Sept 11th.

Now if some generalization that I used to rant, applies to you and the fear thing does not, I apologize for generalizing you. If the fear thing does apply to you, then fuck you, get out of the house and on that plane if you’ve already got the ticket.

We can’t shut down a huge part of our transportation because of some nutcases with boxcutters.

And wow, you guys are quick to flame someone, you did it before I could post a clarification which I did immediately.

Erek

Wow, you guys are quick.

I’ll admit, I went off half-cocked, I didn’t make a whole lot of sense. I am at work and was switching back and forth and sometimes lost my train of thought in mid-sentence.

1. I never said the guy on the greyhound was a terrorist, but the people at Greyhound assumed it was a terrorist, otherwise why would they shut service down?

2. I know yuppies do not ride greyhound, yuppies RUN greyhound. Therefore it was yuppies that kneejerked and shut it down. This assertion is asserted more thoroughly by number 1.

I decided a while back that I shouldn’t post rants in the Pit, but I do anyway.

Erek

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by mswas *

Christ…I don’t know where to start. How about this…if you use the word EQUATE in a sentence, it means you are comparing/contrasting TWO or more things. You didn’t do that in that last bit there sparky.Just WHO or WHAT are you equating these vilesome yuppies with?

I’ll let someone else clean up the mess you left in aisles 2,3 and 4.

Actually, bankrupt Canadians run Greyhound.

MANNY –

You get Chardonnay on Greyhound? They only ever serve boxed Chablis on the city busses. Cheap bastards at Metro Services. But I do understand you can get some good coke down at the Greyhound Station. I assume it’s chilled and served over ice. Ask for Pepe. He’s usually in the alley out back.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by beagledave *

I equated them with the fear gorged drones that are receiving direct instructions from the terror hive mind that tells them to react badly to every stupid fucking psychotic attack someone has in this country. Yeah, let’s shut down greyhound because one guy went nuts on a greyhound. That probably happens monthly, we live in a violent fucking country. I mean, are they gonna shut down the SDMB for a day, because I started this thread? :wink:

Erek

You know mswas, I think I’ve run in to you before. Really. Yes. I remember. I was driving my SUV, right after I cancelled my trips to Florida and Niagra, and just before I closed the three or four Corporate Enterprises I control, and permanently locked myself in my house, I wanted to withdraw all the cash from the bank, you see, and stock up on bottled water and twinkies, and gas masks.

I remember, 'cause when I tried to make that left turn (and missed, of course) I brushed the bumper of the SUV against the side of your head (ever so slightly) and knocked out the only .476 ounces of brain you had. That explains your OP.