sub & sup

[sub]:smack:[/sub] [sup]:dubious: [/sup]

I know, I know. It was terrible. But the earlier post reminded me of a kids show from when I was little. It had some green guy reading the fake kids news and that was his catch phrase.

[sup] :slight_smile: [/sup] :slight_smile: [sub] :slight_smile: [/sub] :slight_smile: [sup] :slight_smile: [/sup] [sup] :slight_smile: [/sup] :slight_smile: [sub] :slight_smile: [/sub]:slight_smile: [sup] :slight_smile: [/sup] :slight_smile: [sub] :slight_smile: [/sub]

:eek: [sup] :frowning: [sub];)[/sub][/sup][sub] :rolleyes: [sub]:dubious:[sup] :cool: [/sup][/sub][/sub]

Yeah, it’s a recursive acronym: refers to itself (or another acronym). [del]Gary Gnu[/del] severus already mentioned GNU, but there’s also, for example, EINE–EINE Is Not Emacs–and CYGNUS–CYGNUS, Your GNU Support. :stuck_out_tongue:

A bit off-topic (so far as this thread has a topic), but my favorite computerese acronym is TWAIN. Even though it didn’t start out as an acronym, a lot of people started attributing “Technology Without An Interesting Name” to it.

And TTP = The TTP Project.

(from Dilbert)

Lobsang

=
Lobsang