Subscribing

I find I’m a guest again. As my paid membership was an anonymous gift I wasnt sure when it expired.
I’d like to re-up. I went to the user cp found the paid subscription thingy and clicked. Seems paypal is the only way to pay. I don’t have a paypal account. Is there another way to pay?
Please help. The ads are making me stabby:)

Tuba would be the one to issue a definite answer, but for now, I seem to recall that somewhere on the PayPal page, there is a small button somewhere that allows you to “Pay with Credit Card.” That’s what I’ve always done. I think that such a credit card payment is processed through PayPal, but does not require a PayPal account.

Have another look at the page, Beck. I’m sure that it’s there somewhere. And don’t get stabby. :slight_smile:

yeah do they still have the sambaa ads ? i had ot use an ad blocker because they messed up my pc to the point it took 40 minutes for it to unfreeze …

PayPal processes our credit cards for us, but you don’t need a PayPal account to use it. I can’t tell you exactly how to do it since PayPal keeps changing the screens around, but somewhere on the screen you should be able to find an option to pay with a credit card. They like to hide the option a bit since PayPal would prefer for you to use their service instead of a credit card, but the option should be there somewhere.

You might need to enter some info just for the credit card, but you shouldn’t have to actually create a PayPal account.

We have occasionally had some people report that the credit card option was only there using certain browsers. If the option never shows up, then switching browsers might be an option for you.

If you continue to have trouble, send me a PM or contact our admin (TubaDiva) directly at tubadiva@aol.com.

Ok. Thx. I’ll figure it out.

Got it done. Yay me!!

BTW, whomever bought my gift subscription last time, Thank you. So, so nice. :slight_smile:

Wow, it has been a year. Where did the time go?

Glad you re-upped. Thanks.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

I’ve had a bad, bad, bad good time. :slight_smile:

Member ---- the title looks good on you! Congrats!

I feel like an idiot, but I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find where I pay. Please fight my ignorance (and help me stop freeloading!)

The subscription system didn’t make the transition. Fixing is on hold until there’s a new Admin.

Ah, thanks!

There are other threads discussing this, and since this particular thread has a lot of outdated information which does not work in Discourse, I am going to close this.

As running_coach said, the subscription system did not port over from vBulletin to Discourse. TubaDiva was looking into possible solutions before she passed. Our current admins and owners are aware of the situation and it is on the list of things that need to be fixed. As of the time of this post, I do not have any further information that that, unfortunately.