"Suffice it to say" or "Suffice to say"?

Is the proper grammatical usage “Suffice it to say” or “Suffice to say”? I tried doing a Google search, and the former had more results, though both were significant. Here is the context in which the statement resides.

“Suffice it to say, if you don’t snag your lady of choice within the first couple of years, you may be stuck in single country (population: you) for your duration in Mineral town.”

Thanks.

“Suffice it to say”

Although I’m sure Professor Strunk would drop the whole phrase and just use:

“If you don’t snag your lady of choice within the first couple of years, you may be stuck in single country (population: you) for your duration in Mineral town.”

Sorry I didn’t have a cite. I did look it up here and found no instances of the other version. That’s not strong evidence against it of course. I’m mainly going off of sentence structure, as “suffice it to say” is the same as saying “it suffices that”.

Google again using “suffice subjunctive” and you will find dozens of sites with excellent illustrations and explanations of the subjunctive mood. “Suffice it to say” is one idiomatic example.