Suggest a wedding song

That’s it.

My fiancee and I do not have an “our song” or anything like that. I’m also a crappy dancer, so it can’t be an 8 minute power ballad. Something about 3-4 minutes, even tempo, and romantic as hell.

Thanks.

Ours was ‘‘Stand By Me’’ by Ben E. King.

“All That Matters” by Mark Knopfler
We considered it but at the last minute we switched to “Beyond My Wildest Dreams” by Mark Knopfler/Emmy Lou Harris

This will probably do better in Cafe Society, so I’m going to move it there (from IMHO).

twickster, moderator

I’ve always thought “This Must Be the Place” by the Talking Heads would be a wonderful wedding song.

twickster, poster

(What a) Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. A little overused, but it will please the parents.

This might be a little bit too creepy for you, but if people don’t pay attention to the lyrics, it’s a beautiful love song.

“Something” by the Beatles.
“This Will Be Our Year” by the Zombies.
“Such Great Heights” by the Postal Service.
“True Love Ways” by Buddy Holly.
“The Luckiest” by Ben Folds.
“If I Should Fall Behind” by Bruce Springsteen

We used Runaway by the Corrs. Easy to dance to, achingly romantic.

80’s all the way!

True by Spandau Ballet
Crazy for You by Madonna
I Get Weak by Belinda Carlisle

“Always and Forever” by Heatwave?

One Hand, One Heart from “West Side Story”

“My Only Love” by the Statler Brothers. Fits all your criteria, and it’s an actual wedding song.

“I’ll Stand By You” by the Pretenders.

Ah, another fine suggestion. “One Hand, One Heart” and “My Only Love” were the songs at our wedding. Next year we’ll celebrate our 25th anniversary, so I know they work. :wink:

Mr. S and I have always been fond of “Could I Have This Dance” by Anne Murray.

There’s also “The One” by Elton John.

“Smoke Gets In Your Eyes.” 40s version, preferably Nat King Cole’s.

We used Come Away With Me by Norah Jones. Meets all your criteria and is gorgeous to boot.

We used “Open Arms” by Journey.

First post. Wow

I wanted “Let’s Do It (Let’s Fall In Love)”

even educated fleas do it

But the wife (and I) agreed to “You Do Something To Me”

Why yes, we do like the Cole Porter songbook (and Ella Fitzgerald).

If I ever get married I want to use the song Rainy Night in Soho. It’s closer to five minutes than four, but checks for even tempo and romantic as hell. If you don’t like Shane Macgowan’s singing, Nick Cave did a cover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YyuMir1VFM