Suggestions for a low carb soup?

I will be following a quick recipe on the back of chicken broth can, but not adding the celery (ick), carrots or noodles. I will probably add mushrooms to the can of chicken. Can you think of any low carb options to add.

Cream
Some cheese
low-carb bread/tortilla as croutons
low carb veggies
a bit of salsa
parmesan

(not all at once!)

Progresso chicken noodle soup has 9 grams of carbohydrates (less than 1 gram of fiber) per serving.

Making soup from broth? A can of chicken and some mushrooms sounds good to me, but I’d add some celery because I like the taste.

Quart of water.
Pour into a properly sized pan and boil.
Season to taste.

Enjoy.

Bob

When I made chicken soup for my husband’s lunches (we’re both on Atkins), what I did was a little complicated, but it was delicious. I took 2 quarts of chicken broth, added a whole chicken (with the bones & skin), onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf, lots of thyme, and black peppercorns. I simmered until the chicken was falling off the bone. I took out the chicken, picked the bones clean of all the meat, and set aside. I then strained all the vegetables and seasonings out of the broth, saving the now-very-rich-and-tasty-stock and tossing the vegetables. I chopped up a little onion, a clove of garlic, celery and mushrooms, sauteed them until tender (I used a bit of the chicken fat that was left behind on the stock), then threw back all the chicken and stock. Added a bit of salt, and it was good.

As I said, it was a bit of extra work, but it made for some excellent lunches.