Sunrise or sunset in the MMP?

The fence breech has been blocked. I can let Higgs out without worry. Whew!

And I moved some snow so I can get the truck out and we can get FCD’s car out of the garage. Luckily, the big pile of snow was still fluffy inside and not a solid block of ice after yesterday’s rain. Glad to get the truck unblocked - I’ve got 2 bags of recycling and I’m filling the second garbage can. I see a convenience center run in my near future.

And I think the snow removal counts in place of treading the mill today. I was going to clean the pellet stove - I’ll leave that for tomorrow. I need to save some energy to throw supper together. For now, a tall glass of lemonade is part of my chillage.

If any situation merits whining (at the very least) it’s yours. So vent as much as you need to, especially if it helps you present a calm face IRL. That’s one of the best bennies of the MMP!

No luck with that. The library isn’t accepting any books during the pandemic, and it’s an uphill fight with my wife to get rid of much of anything. Dozens of cloth grocery bags? Keep 'em! Useless shit that hasn’t been used in 20 years? Keep it! It’s wearing me down, I can tell ya.

Happy Birthday dearest Boo!

I, as those who know me might guess, prefer sunsets. Brilliant colors, the ending of the day’s cares, the coming of the cool night. Also, have you checked out how early sunrise is? Yech. (Also, what Bumba said)

Honestly, Omicron is a right bitch and vaccinated people both transmit it and catch it (raises hand). I wouldn’t chance it. I’m sorry.

{{{hugs}}} to you and your mom.

chefguy I ended up hiring a home organizing crew. They handled protests about what to keep and what to do with things, and if things were missing later it was conveniently their fault. I love them. Worth every penny.

Hubby still has a tickle throat, but claims to be all better. Son continues to improve. Daughter hovers at bad cold level. Last night was really awful for me. I had a fever, shaking, chills, body aches, and coughing through most of the night. My doctor can get me a test, but I have to drive an hour to get it. First up - why do I need a test? My son is confirmed positive. Do we think that I have mysteriously contracted some other disease? Second, I can’t drive that far. Who will I ask to climb into a confined space with me for several hours so that I can get a test that I don’t really need? <<<< screams into void >>>>

Hugs to all. Stay safe please.

Yeah, I talked with him about it and he doesn’t want to go without me and I’m honestly too nervous about my mom getting sick to go - I’d be thinking about it the entire time. Plus, our HS has enough cases they just started sending out “blast notices” today. I have a feeling that this time next week we’ll have gotten an email letting us know that the semester’s going to start out virtual (it’s finals week).

Yay! I just got a video appointment with my doctor. I had to put on going out in public clothes but I will be doing the call in bed. Woot! Can I haz meds plz?

{{{wordy}}} You’re not a whiny turd. You’re a concerned daughter.

Well, the car pulled it’s stunt on the way home from irk this afternoon, as I was talking to the dealership. It seems that they can’t get me in for a diagnosis until February. Hmmmmmm! :rage: All after I mentioned that it should be covered by warranty. Right now, I’m on hold for the dealership in my old town. If they can get me in, I’ll transfer the warranty there and likely buy my next vehicle from them.

It seems that the ice cream was too much for Nelson yesterday. Sometime last night, he horked at the foot of the bed. I stripped it before irk and threw the blanket and quilt (not an heirloom) in the wash. It was in the dryer when I left. I put baking soda on the mattress. I vacuumed that up when I got home and put fresh sheets on the bed. Nelson was lively and in fine fettle, so no doubt he’s feeling better.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Hi, Mumpers. Remember me? It feels like I’ve been gone an age. This nurse-housekeeper-social secretary-cook gig keeps me hopping, and I’m up a lot with her at night. I don’t know how FCM does all she does on top of caring for FCD. All I can figure is she’s got magic bracelets that give her superpowers.

My sister pushes herself hard on the PT and uses the ice machine a LOT, but she’s still spiking temps and getting nauseous. The doc is putting her on an anti-nausea med, and I got real ginger ale and have her on a bland diet. If she isn’t a lot better by Friday, I’ll change my flight and extend my stay, though it’ll mean again postponing appointments I put off due to weather. No way I could leave her like this. She’s so sweet. If you knew her, you’d lover her, I promise.

:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR BOO!
YOU’RE A RARE BIRD, IT’S TRUE,
AND A WELCOME ADDITION
TO THE MUMPERLAND ZOO!

wordy, thinking of you even when I’m not on here to say so.

Try peppermint tea or candy. I like straight peppermint, but there are a lot of blends out there. It works better for me by far. I’d also let her eat whatever she wants in small amounts. Finally, someone who isn’t me wholeheartedly recommends edibles to help with nausea. They really, truly work.

Signed, someone who is nauseous every day, all the time.

nellie, IME, certain opioids cause nausea. For me, the medical types changed the pain drugs and I was able to hold my kibble down.

I got a time to go to the old town after irk tomorrow (they even told me to bring Nelson since they now have a small dog enclosure :slight_smile: ) The dealership that I bought it from told me sometime in February. The other one is working around my schedule once it has been diagnosed. He even checked the code that it threw when I gave him the VIN. I plan on transferring my warranty to them for future work.

nellie, missred, I’m lucky that no meds, especially painkillers, bother me. I can easily see why folks can get attracted to narcotics.

Happy birthday BOO!

And I like both sunrise and sunset equally, for different reasons though.

Evening all. Two more bills showed up in the mail so I ran out and mailed/paid them then stopped at Freddy’s for a Steakburger and fries (they forgot to take off the onions!). Said items are now happily digesting inside me. Did a lot of reading during the afternoon and probably will do more tonight (have little interest in the College tackleball game, despite being in Ali-bama).

nellie, hope they can find the right combo for your sister; and you are good people–just in case you didn’t know that.

red, sounds like you found a better dealership–the other one may need to review how it does business… Hope Nelson is fine.

{{Sunny}}…but at a distance…

FCM, glad Higgs is safe in his own yard. Ought to send the neighbor a bill for your services…

All y’all have a good night (or a good morning).

Oh fuck. My dog, Cinnamon is not doing well. He’s elderly, going on 14 as a 60 pound pup is pretty old. He’s not eating. It’s been a couple of days now, even mixing in some of his favorite things. I fried up some ground beef to mix into his usual kibble and he didn’t touch it. Slice of cheese, nope. I don’t know what I’m going to do if he goes. I’m sitting here with tears running down my face typing. Fuck fuckety fuck.

Best hopes and hugs for all y’all who are doing poorly. I love you all and I really need this place.

Howdy Y’all! Da cave got spiffed and we achieved nappage, sloth, and sup. Thus was the day in swampland.

{{{VanGo}}} hope things go well for Cinnamon. I just don’t know what else to say.

Wordy this is the place to gripe, complain, kvetch, whatever you need to get through this.

red looks like you found a place that actually wants your business. Glad Nelson is better, poor baby.

Nellie you’re a good sis.

Sunny hope the doc gets you your meds.

Paintcharge I will include your doggy in prayer tonight. I have my doxie Mauser, and I know how much her means to me. Some people think grieving over an animal is foolish, I say it’s losing love, which can hurt like heck. I read a quote from natin Luther once who said that Heaven wouldn’t seem like Heaven if it didn’t have dogs. That’s how I feel. Keep us posted.

Happy Birth Fae!

Dinner! Get a couple of salmon filets, thick as you like. (Read: Thick.) Put some foil on a baking sheet. (I use the one out of the toaster oven.) Put a little olive oil, and smear the skin-side of the salmon in it. Sprinkle the filet with a little kosher salt. Top with lemon slices. Lay a sprig of fresh rosemary on each filet. Bake in a pre-heated 400º oven for 25 minutes. For a side dish, slice a yellow squash thickly, and steam. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt.

Goo got some of my fish skin, but she went away so I got most of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Last week, a new thread popped up about Dopers’ curiosity as children, the day after I realized that what I’ve been enjoying about this place is the way it satisfies my own, life-long wide range of interests.

Today I had the opportunity to watch the sunrise here in SoCal after walking back from dropping off my car for repairs. It was absolutely spectacular, owing to the clouds. I’ve always loved sunrise/set colors, even tried to convince my dad to paint our house that way as a kid. So I was already thinking about the differences before I saw this thread.

Then, during my 5pm meeting, a person on my Webex commented on the beautiful sunset out my window over my shoulder, and he only saw some of it - I got up and looked west out the window and it was just as good as this morning’s rise.

After that meeting I see this thread. I’ve watched the red ball emerge from the Atlantic at Montauk, or Cape Cod - and am regularly at the Pacific for sunsets.

My answer to the OP is, I like them equally, but the beauty of a sunrise is more fleeting, or seems that way - a sunset lingers more, but that may just be that I’m rarely up to see the start of the sunrise.

Sometimes I worry we’ll eat the whole bush.

Happy Birthday Boo, or considering our ages should I be saying congratulations?

Talky I am so sorry this is happening to you and your mom. You need a break, there’s just been too much shit dropping on you.

I understand that isn’t how they work. Line strength doesn’t indicate viral load, it says something else that I’ve forgotten about now, but the bottom line (hehehe) is that any line of any strength is a positive and no line is negative.

We did a huge clean out when we moved here and I sealed and dated all of the boxes that went into the shed. I figure that if the boxes aren’t unsealed in a few more years, we don’t need any of it and out it will go. Maybe that will help with future hoarding?

Oh NO! I am so sorry this is going on. When is he going to the vet? It could be just a little doggy flu. If finances are an issue, I could help.

Our old kitty hadn’t been doing right for a few days before we were able to get a vet appointment. We got the blood work results on Friday, he’s in second stage kidney disease. Cats can’t come back from that but there are things that can be done to slow the progression.

I’m thinking they changes things with cat prescription foods because when we last used them the cats refused to even consider eating it. This round of old sick cats like their food and clean their bowls. (I hope I didn’t just ruin things by posting that.)

Sunrise is usually way to early in the morning for me. Retirement comes with being able to sleep until I wake up and it’s wonderful. Arizona sunsets are among the most photogenic in the world, even if I did like to get up early, I’d still want to watch the colorful monsoon sunsets.

I lived in Hawaii a few years and was intrigued by the green flash so watched many sunsets there. Just before I left I was rewarded by seeing one. I promptly tripped over a speck of dust and whacked my head on my way down and ended up with a 2 inch long split over my eyebrow. Every time I look at that scar, I vividly remember that sunset which I think is a pretty good trade off.

Up from naptime, making burgers with homemade fried and Mexican style street corn.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Boo!!!

{{{{VanGo and Cinnamon}}}}

{{{{wordy and WordMom}}}}

: waves at nellie :