Cowboys 3

Reality

Titans 35
Redskins 31

Rams - 35
Titans - 21

Go Rams!

Hey!

If you REALLY loved me, you would have mentioned the Seahawks-even if you didn’t mean it.

Sheesh-after all I’ve done for you…

Scotti:(

All right, it must be obvious by now (thank you Gazoo! :p) that I’m not a football expert. Even my fellow moderator manhattan has dissed me.

Setting aside my final score, I stand by my prediction: New Orleans winning the SuperBowl this year. I have always rooted for the Saints because I like the fleur-de-lis on their helmet and New Orleans is the only large city in the USA with a french heritage. One year they are bound to make it, and this is it!

By the way, in the hope of saving the last tattered remnants of my dignity, I put it to you american football experts - is it by any stretch of the imagination possible (using an arcane combination of rules) to have a final score of 36-22 with overtime? As Gazoo (here’s another :stuck_out_tongue: for you) has pointed out, the result seems improbable at the least.

Assuming they are tied at the end of regulation, the only possible final scores (with N.O. winning) would be:

NO 24 (safety)
BAL 22

NO 25 (Field goal)
BAL 22

NO 28 (touchdown, extra point is not kicked)
BAL 22

Since it’s “sudden death” the game ends on the first score by either team.

P.S. DRY, I do sincerely hope with you that my marriage will be a greater success than my Superbowl pick! Since I’ve lived in the USA I’ve been rooting for New Orleans, but so far they haven’t rewarded my loyalty by capturing the NFL’s highest prize. Until this year that is! :smiley:

Sure, Gazoo, but wouldn’t it be possible (I’m talking off the top of my head here) for an official to say “we overturn the previous decision in the third quarter invalidating a N. O. touchdown and reinstate it?”

Sorry, once another play is run, the results of the previous play stand. That’s why if there is a questionable call, you’ll often see the team benefitting from the call trying to line up quickly and the other team will sometimes call a timeout to provoke a review (in the last 2 minutes of a half that is…during the rest of the game, a team can request a review).

But, if you’re just trying to save face…

Oh yeah, I forgot about that rule. That happens all the time!! :smiley:

In a surprising move, the Seahawks will sweep the AFC. Rioting breaks out in downtown Seattle once again. Pepper gas fills the air, random protestors get beaten up/arrested/molested.

It will all be for naught, though, as the Rams trample the Seahawks 20-3.

Sweet dreams …

Now, see, here is a man after my own heart. Except for that last part, and I choose to ignore this naysaying.

Uh, you are a man, aren’t you?

[hijack] I was so ashamed by the WTO riots. I couldn’t believe that something like that could happen in Seattle. In general, Washintonians are pretty laid back, activists sure-but violence is not common. [/hijack]

On behalf of all Seahawks fans-thanks for the mention! And BTW, I expect the 'hawks to soar over the earth-bound Rams. Trust me, even though I don’t know what I am talking about.:slight_smile:

Scotti

They haven’t won any prizes. This is a team that has never even won a playoff game.

My pick: Colts 24 , Lions 18 ( Hanson kicks 4. Herman Moore catches 1 - try for 2 fails. )

I have always rooted for the Saints because I like the fleur-de-lis on their helmet and New Orleans is the only large city in the USA with a french heritage. One year they are bound to make it, and this is it!
=-=-=-=-=-

Nice! Bleed black and gold, m’man. I’ll be rooting for them hard this year, but I think playoffs are a stretch this season. Next year, though, with a full cadre of picks, a year to gel and Mueller’s penchant for adding talent to the team, well, anything’s possible.

I’ll go Titans 17, Tampa Bay 14 as my prediction for this year’s Super Bowl.

Scotti,

Well, if you really loved me, you’d mention my Ram…

Shit! They don’t play here any more. :mad:

Well, if you really loved me, you’d mention my Raid…

F*ck! 0 for 2! :mad:

Why do I even care about football, anyway? And why do you think you’ve got it so tough. At least you’ve GOT a team!

Oh, Scotti, if it’s any consolation, I don’t know about this year, but I’m reading reports that Shaun Alexander (rookie running back) was a great pick for the Seahawks, and really had no business being available when the Seahawks had their first pick. He should back up Ricky Watters and eventually replace him. If Kitna holds up and the 'Hawks don’t miss Galloway too much, they’ll do well. But I don’t see them as a top contender ** THIS ** year.

Still, it’s not a good idea to ever count Mike Holmgren out.

First of all, I made the assumption that your 14 point overtime victory was either a joke, or an admission that you didn’t follow football at all. (Which is why I didn’t bother to point out the impossibility myself)

I actually like New Orleans to improve somewhat: I think that Ricky Williams will have a better year, and could improve his production dramatically if Jeff Blake is a force to be reckoned with. I’ve always liked Blake and hope he does well. (Caveat: I’ve heard that he may not be a good “fit” for the Saints, though, as the West Coast offense they’ve installed relies on short passes and reading defenses, while Blake likes to go deep.)

I believe New Orleans has a shot to win a few more games, but don’t see them as a playoff contender because I don’t yet trust their receivers and their defense. Too bad, because the division, except for the Rams, is pretty weak: the 49ers are rebuilding, and I’m not sure about Atlanta.

I’m so sorry you have been deserted by your teams, babe. Tell you what, I’ll share mine with you.

Will that make you feel better?

Scotti

Please DRY, take the Ravens. Baltimore should not have that abomination of a stolen team fouling our fair city…

My fantasy involves the Giants going undefeated, beating the Redskins and Cowboys each with a 72-0 score, and trouncing the Jets in the Super Bowl.

Of course, this being a fantasy, I watch the game from a luxury box while getting oral sex at half time.

As for what I think in the real world, I think the Rams are no gonna be the juggernaut they were last year, and will be usurped by the Redskins and Bucs. The Bucs beat the Redskins to face the Titans in what turns out to be one of the most boring Super Bowls ever, won by the Titans 13-7.

Orlando 56
Nashville 52

The Arena Bowl is on ABC Sunday aftrernoon.

Satan, you are a giants fan? Well, I’m for the Jets, and they will win the Super Bowl this year, over the Redskins, 33-3, no fantasy. So there! The 'Skins will be so embarrased, they will change their name next year.