Superlatives not yet used in comic book titles

Y’know… like “Fantastic” Four or 'Ultimate" Spider-Man.

Marvel uses this tactic far more than DC, but what are some good ones that haven’t been taken? I’m stumped.

Well…Superlative hasn’t. (Far as I know…I wouldn’t be surprised if some humour title did.)

I can’t think of any title using Extraordinary, offhand, but for some reason I keep thinking that must have been used.

Awesome, but that’s not a particularly good one, really. Not any more at least. And ‘Awe-inspiring’ is simply awful for a title.

Fearsome would be good for a particular type of character, but I can’t think of any that have used it.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Splendiferous
Splendid
Superluminary
Meretricious

Gayest

Mereticous and Gayest are GOOD superlatives? KEE-rist Almighty Geezus, I’d hate to see what’d you call awful.

Anyway, I thought about it some more and came up with:

Jaw-dropping (kinda meh. It’d work as 70s type pastiche, tho)

Glorious (Might work for warrior women type comics)

Explosive (This is not bad)

Stupendous (May have been used, too lazy to check)

Phenomenal (Sounds great, looks wrong)

Well from this Blackadder thread:

anus-peptic
phrasmotic
compunctious
interphrastic
pendigestatery
velocitous

Ah, you want some real superlatives. Well how about

Indefatigable
Implacable
Illustrious
Courageous
Indomitable
Audacious

(All names of Royal Navy ships, in case you’re wondering)

Supercalifragilisticexpalidocious. Though Marvel is thinking about it.

Scrumdillyumptious

What, you’ve never heard of Stupendous Man?

Ethilrist That’s why I didn’t want to include Stupendous. Okay, consider it stricken.

Max Carnage Okay, but “The Scrumdillyumptious She-Hulk” will have you up on morals charges.

RealityChuck I heard Diamond Distributers was refusing to ship it.

jinty LOL. Okay, okay…how 'bout:

Dauntless
Defiant
Fearless
Intrepid
Reliant
Renegade
Sovereign
Valiant

Starfleet and the Royal Navy must have the same ship-namers

Some superlatives have been used for characters or groups, but not titles. (The Fearsome Five, Awesome Andy)

Sovereign’s been used… The Sovereign Seven.

That shouldn’t count. That comic was only out 45 minutes before it got canceled.

Awesome Andy = the Mad Thinker’s Awesome Android, by the way. I just love his new shortened name from the pages of She-Hulk.

Adjectives we’ve definitely seen:

Sensational, Spectacular, Amazing, Fantastic, Ultimate, Web of (just kidding), Sovereign, Incredible, Mighty, Invincible, Astonishing, Uncanny, Unlimited, Classic (if it counts)… give me time, I’ll think of more… oh, and Megalomaniacal, which was attached to a hilarious book.

Marvel didn’t exactly use this one in a title, but – if the book in question had had an adjective in its title, this would have been the one:
Advantageous!

The opening of the first issue of Todd McFarlane’s Spider-Man was a string of superlative-laden phrases, ending with “His webbing…advantageous!!” A bit anti-climactic and great ammo for the fanboys making fun of Todd.

The Inexplicable Sewage Man!
Hypothermic Comics starring Mr. Freeze!

Thank you. I can’t believe I couldn’t get them to the front of my head.

That’s not true, it lasted for three years. That’s a pretty respectable run for a comic these days.

Erudite!