Supernatural 9/18

When the diner demon said demons couldn’t do that, I wasn’t the only one who said to themselves “Oh, so it was an angel, then,” right? The whole exploding windows thing made sense when I thought of Metatron from Dogma.

I guess it was an okay episode. I had been expecting something more climatic when it came to getting Dean back, and I’m annoyed that they pulled a Bewitched on us about Ruby, though.

I personally am thinking it’s a fallen angel. THE fallen angel himself, if you know what I mean.

Question: What was the song playing on Sam’s iPod when Dean started the car?

Ok, I loved the episode and I love the new big baddy? or big goody? or used to be big goody and now is big baddy? but I was hoping we’d get a couple of episodes with Sam trying to get Dean out of hell and him slipping further down the evil slide as he gets more desperate to get Dean out interspersed with scenes of Dean in various situations in hell.

Oh well. I still love the show and I am excited about this season.

It did seem a little anticlimactic when Dean came back and Sam sneaks off at the first chance and then lies to him about it (I guess he was lying to him earlier, too). I suspect this season is going to be brother against brother. I don’t think that’s going to be as much fun as these shows usually are; the brothers squabbling and acting like brothers is what makes the show. And the shirtlessness.

Damn - I even looked at the TV Guide, and somehow managed to miss tis.
Damn!

Damn. Didn’t think that way! Awesome concept.

I was just really intrigued about the latest storyline arc. I mean, I’ll fully accept demons attacking everyone and trying to destroy humanity. It’ll be interesting to see if the religious-minded folk will get offended or not about having Angels of the Lord being shown as incarnated beings. Either way, its a whole new plot direction I wasn’t expecting.

Okay, now I’m REALLy wondering why I watch this show with all the shirtless hot dean and sam comments. Being as I am a married man with a daughter, i’m starting to feel a bit odd :slight_smile:

Good ep overall tho! I’m glad they decided to explore the God side. Always seemed strange to me that Holy water would hurt a demon but Sam and Dean insisted there was no God. Same thing used to bug me about Buffy and Angel… Crosses and holy water hurt, but, uh, no God.

Season is starting off nicely. But I liked the old Ruby muched better.

Maybe, but even a regular angel isn’t always nice. You know, the plague that killed all those firstborn sons was carried out by an angel, so it’s not like they’re all lightness and good like on a Hallmark card.

Break it to your wife gently, okay?

Nitpick - Dean insisted there was no God. Sam admitted that he believed in angels and prayed regularly in season 2. Yay irony!
Supernatural seems to have most of it’s mythology based in Christian belief (the name of Christ makes demons flinch, holy water, angels, ect.) but have also had episodes dealing with Wiccan, Muslim, and Pagan elements, as well as pure fantasy (werewolves and vampires). I think it would be great fun to try unravling the spiritual mythology of this show.

Sorry to say, that first image is a photo manipulation (Ackles’ head on someone else’s body).

[Bolding Mine]

I would think that they would be a bit more put off by a man dying at the hands of the wicked, descending into hell, rising back up, exiting his grave, addressing his followers (Brother and friend) with messages of hope, and then heading for the company of a heavenly being…

That story almost makes me want to hide colored eggs. :slight_smile:

Religious zealots are just gonna have to chill. I want to see what happens next.

Heh, I know what you mean…I’m a married father of two. I watch the show for the supernatural (ahem, not to coin a phrase) elements, the action and the comedic interplay.

Oh, c’mon. :wink: If you’re watching Sunday football and someone says, “ooh, nice legs!” you’re gonna wonder if you should stop watching football? I’m sure lots of women watched Baywatch without turning lesbian. Not that there’s anything wrong with lesbian.

Anyhoo, I doubt this angel guy is from the God. They’ll play with the concept, but describing God™ himself will be an open ended question. They’ll probably look up at the night sky and see a falling star at the appropriate moment or something.

I hope so. I don’t like to think of a “good” angel burning people’s eyes out. Good thing Dean’s the skeptical type.

I missed a lot of last season (the DVR was on the fritz and I was watching another show) so I’ve got some catching up to do. I thought Ruby was blonde.

Jim Beaver looks thinner.

Oh, Jeezus Chri… :smack: :dubious: :smack:

.um…

:smiley:

Excellent comparison for Dean. And once again, another MASSIVELY OBVIOUS RELIGIOUS PARALLEL I missed. I may have to rescind my English degree.

1. Ruby’s body got KILLED/killed last season (as opposed to just killed, and then coming back). This, as we discovered in this episode, is her shorter, darker, more-jailbait-than-thou incarnation. :smiley:

2. Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder if its just the actor, or a plot point.

Good. I like this Ruby better. I wonder what happened with the other actress.

On the Supernatural Ruby wiki (jeez… am I the only person left without a wiki?) it states that the character was being let go for “financial reasons” for the show. I’d be willing to translate that as Katie Cassiday wanted too much money to be Ruby another season.

I liked the old Ruby, but I’ll get used to this one I guess. We have to wonder now though: how did she escape and get a new body, whose body is it, and what, if anything, did Sam have to do with it? Dean is going to be so pissed when he finds out. Especially If Sam helped her escape, and worse, helped her get a body.