Supernatural 9/18

And is now having sex with her in it. That has to qualify as some kind of mystical rape, right?

Even ookier, what if the girl was like dead or in a coma when Ruby jumped in? Besides, he was shacking up with that other girl, so I doubt he and Ruby are bedpals. Probably she’s his teacher.

And I hope the new guy isn’t Lucifer. That’s someone who really can’t be portrayed by anyone without being underwhelming. I DO think perhaps he isn’t on the level. Is that the name of a “real” angel?

How sure are you of this? The last we saw Lillith had possessed her body, but we know for 100% this isn’t fatal because the little girl was okay after being possessed by her earlier in the episode. Then Lillith unpossessed Ruby, maybe dragging Ruby out of the body too though that wasn’t made clear in the episode, and she fell to the ground. That’s all because Sam didn’t even get the chance to stab her. Why would we think she was dead rather than just ousted? Until they showed her in a new body, there wasn’t any reason to believe that Ruby was yanked out too…

She did say she’d sent Ruby somewhere far away.

The girl from the beginning (Kathy… It’s Christie) WAS Ruby, if that’s the shacking up you’re talking about.

As a matter of fact, Castiel is the Angel of Thursdays. :slight_smile:

Haven’t heard of the name Castiel before, but here’s the Wikipedia on Cassiel, which I HAVE heard of. It states that this angel was used in the 9/18 episode of Supernatural.

That’s what I was thinking of when I watched the show; but I can’t account for the pronunciation change.

Well, crap. Perhaps she looked diffirent to me with more clothes on. :wink:

Dean as Christ - fascinating. I too missed those parallels. I was too busy thinking about the Buffy parallel - “Doesn’t anybody know to dig up the body when they resurrect someone? Sheesh.”

gallows fodder, how do you know that isn’t Jensen Ackles’ body? He is pretty ripped.

Trust me, as someone in the online fandom: it’s a Photoshop. There would’ve been a lot more combusted panties otherwise. :wink:
Thoughts on the episode:

1. BROTHER HUGGING! LINGERING GLANCES! SAM WEARING DEAN’S AMULET! broken capslock

2. Helloooo, Mr. Ackles.

3. I choose to believe that Sam is not doing Ruby and that the whole ‘Kristy’ thing is a cover story, because a) Sam flat-out says he still doesn’t trust her, b) either that’s rape or some sort of weird necrophilia thing, and that is wrong, c) it’s massively OOC for him. Possibly they’re shacking up while she teaches him something-or-other.

4. Castiel is a creepy mofo–he blinds cute psychic Pam (not to mention the innocent bodies of those diner demons) in a horrifically gruesome way, and when called on it by Dean, basically goes “Eh, I warned her”.

My guesses (spoiler box for speculation):

[SPOILER]The whole thing is angling towards a brother versus brother fight, IMHO. And so:

1. Castiel is the real deal, and needs Dean to kill Sam. Dean refuses and Castiel unleashes the wrath of Heaven, and Sam will be called upon to either a) embrace his dark powers fully and precipitate an all-out war between angels and demons, or b) surrender all his dark powers to save Dean, and get a pissed-off Lilith closing in for the kill. Castiel will move to protect Sam now that he’s light-side, and the war will begin.

2. Castiel is the real deal, and needs Dean to save Sam, in some sort of fashion or other. Sam may call Castiel into doubt and eventually refuse to be saved, which will lead to situation 1a, or be saved, which will lead to situation 1b.

3. Castiel is not the real deal, and is in league with Lilith to put brother against brother and take them both out. Dean and/or Sam will realize this too late.[/SPOILER]

Yep. You can tell by the strange neckless head and its angle (and the graininess of the image would mask the difference in skin tones).

Besides, we all know what Dean really looks like first thing in the morning. :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh, I still wouldn’t kick him out of bed. :slight_smile:

Dang - I really liked that picture. Maybe I’ll just hang onto my fantasy in the cold, harsh light of reality.

As for Kythereia’s point 4, it doesn’t strain my belief to have an angel be cruel and callous. They’re not gods - they’re God’s soldiers.

Agreed. It’s not Castiels’ fault that the sight of him blinds people. Not like it’s malicious. As Metratron said, “We went through five Adams before we figure that one out.” Maybe next time when a spirit begs annoying psychic to look away, she will.

I’m actually hoping Cassiel is from God and that Dean is needed to stop some great evil. It’d be much more interesting than it turning out that Cassiel is some rouge Angel that is messing with God’s ultimate plan.

Am I the only one who was waiting, cringing, expecting Cassiel to say, “No, Dean. I’m Satan.”

I was so relieved when the show didn’t go for the obvious “uberdemon”.

Looked at the listings again. There was a Cubs game in the evening. Supernatural was broadcast sometime around midnight…

Blankety-blank baseball! :mad:

And yet, still my dream guy. :rolleyes: :smiley:

As for Castiel: even if Pam was annoying about it, she didn’t get deserved to get blinded and permanently scarred. She’s a psychic, the guy can’t ring her up and say, “Woman, you’ll get horrifically maimed if you see my true face, now knock it off”?

And yes, it’s not his fault he blinds people. It’s not the diner people’s fault they were possessed by demons, either–and how exactly did they get dead in the first place?

There’s a line between badass and creepy mofo, and I can’t help feeling like Castiel walked over it.

If Castiel’s story is true, I think the important thing that we’re all missing here is that even *God *has a crush on Dean.

I’ll have to rewatch to confirm, but I don’t think the girl in Sam’s room at the beginning was Ruby.

Was it ever established that OldRuby’s body was alive while she was in it? Demons can possess the living or the dead. If the body is okay when the demon vacates, then the person will be okay. If the body is dead when the demon vacates, well… the person is dead.

I also don’t think that Sam had anything to do with Ruby’s new incarnation. Ruby is perfectly capable of finding herself a fresh meat suit, she doesn’t need Sam’s help for that. I’m guessing she came to him, not vice versa.

And just to get it out of the way, I vastly preferred the former actress, but I’m hoping this one will grow on me. Or, even better, that they’ll just keep killing Ruby’s bodies off, and we’ll get a MysterySpecialGuestRuby every week!

I was skeptical too. I rewatched and it’s Ruby. Her mouth is distinctive.

For angels, I don’t see that line. I think they are both.

ETA: Which fits in perfectly with this show. This is no warm, fuzzy “Ghost Whisperer.” :slight_smile:

TV.com says Kristy/Ruby was played by Genevieve Cortese.