Survivor March 9 2011 "Don't You Work For Me?"

Agreed. I also miss the montage of votes cast.

Good point, that too! Is that really gone? Cripes, that was the only way to see what really happened in some votes, and who came out on top! This is a bad change! Gah!

Phillip keeps having these little flashes of brilliance that make me forget how crazy he is. Like when he realized that the rest of the tribe doesn’t really like him, something that Coach never seemed to understand. And then he starts talking again and it all goes away.

One thing about RI is that the need to start showing the castaway alone on RI. All we get to see is them just before the challenge. I’m not saying that a third of the show should be about it, but what if Matt beats everyone and gets to the end? We won’t know anything about him.

Also, I loved Rob’s hunt for the idol. “Create a beach game and then pretend you have to crap” is a brilliant move. In fact, I’m surprised people don’t use the bathroom excuse more often when searching for the Idol. No one’s gonna follow you or freak out that you’ve disappeared for a while.

Also gone is the moment in the next challenge when the winning team sees who was voted out from the losing team - “Voted out was ____” They already know that now from the RI viewing. Despite tonight’s very interesting RI revelations, I don’t see the need for the viewers on the RI challenge. Lack of knowledge would make for a better game.

I’m not too keen on how the RI is being treated. Granted, we haven’t yet seen it all the way through, but already its impact on the game has been primarily negative with little…redemption. If they’re going to use this concept, they should have really run with it.

I feel like it would be much more exciting if someone returned from the island every week, making it a much more important factor in deciding who gets voted out, as well as making for more exciting TV. To facilitate this, I think there should be three teams, with only the winning one being spared the vote. Then the remaining two would go battle it out with the victor rejoining the game soon after (maybe after the next tribal counsel?).

Still curious to see how it finishes playing out this season…

At the risk of losing my supreme lurker status…

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but - have you all noticed that there is a “?” after Philips occupation title. “Former Federal Agent?” It’s kind of hard to see do to the font they use on the show. I checked his bio page and the “?” is there as well.

Anyway, I think Philip should be in the running for this year’s International Man of Mystery Award. I bet when Philip drinks beer, he prefers Dos Equis. Stay thirsty Philip.

Ralph seems to have a lot of “survivor game skills” - but he thinks faster than he can process sometimes.

I also don’t like the fact they don’t show the votes cast. I also don’t like that they haven’t explained anything about RI survivor rejoining a/the tribe. To me - the show loses some credibility without these things.

They could explain… If someone wins three RI challenges they’re redeemed. Or four??? Or the merge??? Either way, I’m still not sure I like the RI thing. But I do think it is interesting how it does add another layer of strategic complexity to the game that a player has to consider. I donno, this show is stupid! I hate it! I can’t wait till next week’s show. hehe

I’m torn about Philip. He’s annoying and irritating and it would be really nice if he went home but man oh man he’s entertaining too. I did appreciate the fact that he spent more of this episode dressed however.

He did man up enough to congratulate Matt when he lost to him. He was just flat out beat in that challenge.

Anyway, I stand by my statement that Redemption Island seems incredibly dumb and a waste of show time. It looks like they will continue to allow visitors to go and watch it, too.

I hope it is a one season thing.

From notfrommensa’s link:

"Ealy says he revealed Hantz to be his source for spoilers “because of his attitude about the whole thing, and because Russell tried to implicate another player [as the leak], an innocent player, who wasn’t giving information.”

You know, it’s one thing to leak info. It’s another to shine the light on an innocent person when you’re caught. What an ass.

Droopy drawers has GOT to go.

I think that eventually Grant will get tired of Rob calling the shots. And if they don’t suspect that he went back to look for the idol after leading them away from camp, then disappearing, then they are all stupid.

I’m hating RI more every week.

Russell sort of destroyed his image last night. I’d love to see it again, because honestly, I was celebrating his booting rather loudly and laughing at his crying.

Rob obviously is driving the car in his tribe, but if his tribe doesn’t start winning something, he’s not going to survive the future merge do to the numbers game.

Russell hugged and congratulated Matt (sincerely, I think) – a classy move. Then when the water-works came, I almost – almost – started to feel bad for the guy. Then, of course, he had to start bad-mouthing all the other players and gripe about how stupid they were for beating him (???) and it was “buh-bye, Russhole, don’t let the door hit you on the ass.” What a dick.

Agreed 100%. Where’s she been hiding? I didn’t even notice her before last night.

Phillip would certainly be annoying to be stuck on a beach with, but unlike people such as Russell, or Coach, or Shambo, he’s an absolute riot to watch at home. I hope he sticks around for a while!

You didn’t like watching Coach? With his “don’t google this, it doesn’t exist” kung fu and everything? The helicopter/canoe trip where the Amazon cannibals were going to eat his ass? I thought he was at least as funny as Philip.

I think I felt about Coach as Moonlitherial feels about Phillip. He was an entertaining buffoon, sure, but for me that didn’t make up for how annoying and arrogant he was.

Granted, it’s a fine line, and not everybody draws it in the same place. But Coach really rubbed me the wrong way, and so far Phillip doesn’t.

I’m the exact opposite. Coach grew on me, fool that he was. Phil is just annoying.

That makes sense, everyone’s got different tastes. It was just you were lumping Coach in with Russell & Shambo, who had no redeeming value (amusement/humor wise).

My husband mentioned Russell was voted to RI last week so I finally started watching the show this season. Watching him get the permanent boot was delicious. The man’s a sexist sociopath. I hope he never shows up on television ever again.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Matt made the move towards Russell. It’s not like Russell was going to push him away - but Russell definitely didn’t look like he was going to make any effort to congratulate him.

We’ve been privy to a few glimpses. They even blurred out her (bikini-covered) butt in the first episode - she must have had a wedgie or something. (Or the producers decided her ass was too perfect to be seen on television. Bastards.)

Saw this line at TWoP.

New euphemism for a bowel movement:

Looking for Hidden Immunity Idol.

Having more HIIs really makes the merge more interesting. Because everyone wants to be on the right side of the numbers, so you can pagong the other tribe out (with the usual mainstay that the bottom of the totem pole usually flips). But now that first vote will have each group with an HII (probably) and now we’ve got some real strategy to be had. And then perhaps add a new tribe member from RI who’s loyalties may be strained.
I don’t see Rob’s team winning many challenges though. And certainly not the 3 it would require to make the Zapatera tribe(purple) actually make a hard decision.