Survivor March 9 2011 "Don't You Work For Me?"

There won’t be more than two, one on each tribe though, won’t there?

That’s my assumption too. I’m trying to think back to previous merges with 2 HIIs, not sure I can think of any. However if we get some kind of tribe swapping, it’s possible Ralph and Rob end up on the same tribe. In which case it would be possible that a third HII enters the game!

They should just give everyone an HII when they arrive at the island. Then you have to figure out when you need to use it.

Wasn’t there one last season, when Parvati ended up with BOTH tribes’ HII?

ETA: Sorry, not last season. The one before, the last All-Stars season.

I thought she had three. She won immunity, then had two HIIs, which she handed out to her allies right before the vote.

You remember correctly. A perfect move at the perfect time by my all-time favorite player.

Frankly, that would be fascinating to watch play out.

Actually Danielle won immunity that time. Parvati had an HII but got Russell to give her his HII. She let the Heroes know (this was the first post merge TC), that she was going to play her HII so they voted for Jerri instead. Parvati then at TC gave the HIIs to Sandra and Jerri, leading to JT being voted out, and Russell seeing just how well Parvati had played him. It was brilliant.

ETA: The HII that Russell had was the one that JT gave him, with the “use this idol to get rid of Parvati” letter. That made it even better.

Here is Jeff interviewing Russell just after the episode aired.

The interview.

That interview has everything I hate about Russell. Now - I have a lot of regrets in life, who doesn’t? But his constant “things would be so different if I’d have switched Julie’s vote!” - no kidding! Of course it would - but you didn’t. “That’s the thing about me - I’m still living on through everyone left that watched that Redemption Island contest!” - no you’re not. “I’m the only person in Survivor history to never look at his torch” - WTF, who cares? “Children totally respect me - just the other day one of them recognized me!” Seriously?

I am thinking 3: 1 at each camp, and one on RI…

The rationalization and desperation is music to my ears. i DVR’d this season but wouldn’t watch a second until I heard Russell was voted out.

He was. :stuck_out_tongue:

Watch and enjoy–this is the best season they’ve had in a while. Even the (new) challenges are more interesting.

I thought about clicking this link, and ultimately decided not to.

Russell’s gone, he’s out of the game, he’s off the show, he’s not on the jury, he’s not coming back from Redemption Island. He is now 100% irrelevant. So I have no further need or desire to hear anything else he has to say. I’ll just enjoy the fact that I don’t have to see him until the reunion show.

And even then, he’ll be sitting in the back row, and I’m hoping that Phillip plus the potential for lots more interesting things to happen this season will mean that he’ll take up precious little time there.

I really doubt there’s one at RI, or we would’ve heard about it by now. Unless they just give one to whoever survives to the end.

In other news, with Russell now out of the running, I did the math and figured out that Rob will just beat Parvati for most number of days on Survivor if he makes it all the way to the final tribal.

They klilled the nasty little troll! Yay! And, they even were careful to burn part so it did not regenerate back!:stuck_out_tongue:

I know RH made good TV, but jezus Jeff, 3 shows in a row made this almost into “The Russell Show”. He never should have been allowed back here this time, maybe later for another show which brings back past players.

To each their own… it had everything I love about Russell. The bravado, the love of the game… plus a wee bit of humility (finally).

I’m with Jeff. He’s a pain to be around, but he makes for great TV. I’ll miss him, but I hope, like he does, that his “spirit” lives on in the game.

On the complete flip side, though, I am liking Rob more and more every second I see him. Smart, funny, devious. His idol hunting tactics were hilarious and brilliant. His handling of FFA? Phillip and his other tribemates was glorious. Now if only his tribe could win something without the other tribe throwing it.

(emphasis mine)

Are you sure? Maybe they expanded the jury to final 17.

I know, I know, Mensa, bite your tongue. :smiley:

I am thinking that producers will either give the RI a HII or Jeff will announce that (s)he has immunity at the first vote. And I think there is a 95% chance that the RI player will enter the game at the merge. If Matt continues to win the RI duels, then he will spend basically two weeks in isolation before he enters back into the game. (with an overnight visitor every couple of days.)