Survivor: South Pacific September 21 2011

I wondered that, too. I thought maybe it was a snake, but I don’t think snakes are quite that gross…

Creepy is the right word.

And all that Christian sermonizing… ugh!

I wonder if Russell is his uncle and his daddy?

Finally got to see the show last night.

First, that intestine critter was horrid. Nightmarish.

I think the blue team made the right choice, but holy crap, Li’l Hantz is insane. Has he never seen the show? It’s in the tropics so the contestants (including wimmenfolk), don’t usually wear much clothing. How did this guy pass the psych test to be on the show? I hope they have machete murder insurance. Coach needs to whip that boy into shape.

Other than that, I just wanted to say that I think the cinematography (tvtography?) has been great for these first two episodes. Some really cool shots. Except for the intestine creature.

I also was intrigued & disgusted by the intestine creature. Hoped to find a definitive answer here.

Has there ever been a TC where 4 people got votes?

I was bumfuzzled by Coach’s open kimono strategy, of discussing all his behind-the-scenes conversations right there at TC. He’s either a genius or an idiot. :slight_smile:

I missed Week 1 so this was my first exposure to Mini-Hantz. First, I think he was overplaying the importance of his relationship. Does he think anyone gives a rat’s ass? That he must be Russell’s clone because he shares some genes? On the other hand, he is the most psychotic player I’ve seen in a long time. Completely incapable of keeping his mouth shut, and every weird and twisted thought in his pea brain eventually tumbles out of his pie hole.

Survivor: Borneo had a ridiculous week where the votes were 4-1-1-1-1-1-1.

Ah, come on. Somebody has to know what that gross “intestine creature” was. The only thing I can think of is a beached jelly fish, and it was too long and narrow for that.

I looked back at it and couldn’t figure it out either. Are we sure it’s a creature? It’s not just mud bubbling up, is it?

I think this might actually be it. Normally you see octopuses spread out, and you’ll see the bottom sides of the tentacle with the suckers sometimes. But if it’s on land and doing its best to crawl inside itself to keep from drying out? Maybe.

But it was definitely gross looking.

Can anyone post a screen capture? Then we could solicit opinions more widely.

I want to puke every time I hear him talk about that.

It’s poker. It’s a game. There is nothing honorable about it. You play to win, not to be a better person.

Mr. singular says it’s some new kind of sea cucumber that he saw on the Science Channel special on newly discovered disgusting species. The stuff of nightmares.

I’m a ULC minister - speaking ex cathedra, I wouldn’t read to much into Probst being one as well.

Best guess so far.

shoggoth

I dunno, sea cucumbers are echinoderms, like sea stars - characterised by warty bumps or spines on their skin. This thing looked pretty mushy to me.

My best guess is a nemertean, or ribbon worm, of some kind.

The bird, I’m now thinking, might be a buff-banded rail.

I think araminty probably has it right. I hope so. I would hate to think there are two groups of animals that look like that. One is enough. (Wikipedia says there are over 1,100 species of these critters, mostly small, thank goodness.)

FSM.

I’m leaning toward genius, for now. He obviously managed to talk Hantzy out of voting for Mikayla, which he seemed dead-set on doing. The 3-3 vote was a savvy move, just in case Christine, Stacy and Mikayla were together and had found the idol. Old Coach probably wouldn’t have thought things out that far. And I absolutely LOVED that he stirred up so much shit at TC. He did nothing to weaken his alliance, but kept everyone else seriously off-balance. Did you notice his big shit-eating grin after the vote? If he can keep his insanity in check, I think I’m really liking Coach this time around.

(Opinion subject to change.)