Swap Magic for PS2 - Is this legal?

The thread title says pretty much all I need to know. Are tools like the Swap Magic (http://swapmagic3.com/) system legal to use, assuming of course that you’re using legitimate backups of games that you own? It seems that fewer and fewer places are selling these things, though as far as I can tell there is nothing illegal about selling them or using them as long as you follow the copyright guidelines.

Any help on this question?

Correct me if i am wrong but isnt the whole legal backup of your own game just an excuse to be able to copy them? Doesnt it say onthe case that any duplication what so ever is unlawful no if ands or buts?

Some of my games (not all) say in the EULA that I am allowed to make one copy for backup or archival purposes as long as both the original and backup remain in my possession and that I only use the backup if the original is destroyed or becomes defective.

The problem is that I am unable to press my own Playstation format discs, therefore in order to use a backup under the terms of the license, I would need something like Swap Magic.

They can print anything they want on the case, it’s a free country. Fair use is fair use.

No matter what you’re using it for, you’re still circumventing the copy protection mechanisms built into the system, which makes the device illegal under the DMCA. I don’t agree with it, but that’s the law.