Sweet Pickles (out of print children's books)

I absolutely MUST find the entire series of Sweet Pickles books by Jacquelyn Reinach. I find one or two here and there on the web in various places but I really desperately want the whole series for my boy. I loved these books when I was a kid…unfortunately, they disappeared sometime between 1986 and 1990. (Mom swears she doesn’t know where they went, but I have a feeling that “trash” is close to accurate.)

Anyway, if you have this series or know someone who does or know where I can get the whole thing PLEASE let me know. I’m dyin’ ovah heah!

I think I have a huge archive of Sweet Pickles stuff…somewhere. I don’t know where it is, though, or if I even still have it. There’s a bunch of stuff in it, though - stories, games, and such. I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing you’re talking about. I dunno if it’s the entire series, though. =(

Chris, I am absolutely no help but I just wanted to share that I also loved Sweet Pickles books! Alas, I never had any of my own but my cool friends always did!

Of course, if you can’t find any other way you can nickel-and-dime yourself to death over at e-bay–they have several copies of many different ones there.

Let me check with mom- I had the whole series, but whether they still exist in her house is another matter. I’ll give her a call today to ask, and let ya know.

-Lsura

For out-of-print books, I have had really good luck with http://www.bibliofind.com . Since these are children’s book, you might also check with children’s thrift or resale shops in your area.

Oh, and I remember these too! :slight_smile:

–tygre

Thanks Lsura! I’d promise my firstborn in return, but since that’s who the books will be for, I really can’t do that. :slight_smile: If you do have them and you’re willing to sell them, (keep in mind I’m mostly broke) let me know what your price is and stuff.

I can promise that I will adore you forever, at the very least. :slight_smile:

Is Sweet Pickles that thing with the bus that came to your house?? or am I fabricating memories…? I think I remember comercials about that on Nickelodeon… i think…

I don’t know about any bus. We just had a bunch of books. Basically, Sweet Pickles was about a town full of animals (Alligator, Iguana, Quail…I don’t remember them all. One for each letter of the alphabet.) Anyway, there was one book for each animal, and in it the animal would learn some sort of lesson. Being yourself, or being resourceful, etc. Anyway, my brother and I had the whole set and they were our favorites. I’d like to read them again, just because I get nostalgic every once in a while, but mostly I’d really like to share that piece of my childhood with my boy. He loves books and I know he’d get a kick outta these.

I have to tell you, the LAST thing I’d accept would be your first born.(ugggh children). BUt I talked to mom, and she said the books were farmed out among the relatives years ago. Which means, knowing my relatives, that they no longer exist(23 first cousins tend to destroy things).

Wish I’d had them…e-bay does seem to have a bunch of them. Good luck!

_Lsura