Tackiest Souvenir?

Here is a thread from nigh 20 years ago on tacky souvenirs we might enjoy.

I just today noticed that the person who posted that tacky souvenir thread was named “Tikki”. For completeness I wonder where “Rikki” is now? :slight_smile:

As to your questions.

1. Don’t think anyone has ever brought me a souvenir since I was a kid. And not many of those.

2. I have very few now, tacky or otherwise, having cleared most of that out when I last moved. I do have a well-faded coffee cup from the Wichita world series of the national amateur baseball league from about 1990. it’s not so much tacky as getting bedraggled.

3. Can’t say I recall. I was never much for bringing back random gifts for folks. Most recently I bought a ~12" plush shark at the Miami Seaquarium to send to another Doper’s ~5yo grandkid who was just ga-ga about sharks. She loved it.

4. Not exactly souvenirs, but the few remaining physical mementos from my late first wife.

5. I collect nothing except scars. Never understood the attraction of collecting. Or of most souvenirs.

Sorry to be a bit of a Debbie Downer, but there you have it. Not trying to threadshit. Mostly I wanted to share that fun old thread your OP reminded me instantly of.