Take Me Out To The Uniball Game - 2nd Round: The Comic Book Quiz

Take Me Out To The Uniball Game - 2nd Round: The Comic Book Quiz
Guess the Quote

1. Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

2. Welcome, young man. I trust you are recovered quite from your ordeal? As for your question… we are in the Shadow Gallery. This is my home.

3. The wind rises, tearing dead leaves free. Frogs croak like a cartoon car alarm. Crickets pick up the chorus. A wolf howls. I know how he feels.

4. There were these two guys in a lunatic asylum…

5. Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You’ve eaten (********) wealth. It’s spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on… none of you are safe.

6. I see Ragnarok at last unfold. And worst of all, I see the desperate hope of the one man who might yet stop it turned to ash and cinders by a single bolt of lightning. Armageddon has arrived.

#1 Watchman?

WatchmEn. But it’s correct. One point for you.

Damn, I knew number 1 also.

I’m willing to bet #3 is from Swamp Thing.

#4 is from the Killing Joke I believe.

#6 is probably Kingdom Come.

How’d I do?

1. Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Watchmen

1. Welcome, young man. I trust you are recovered quite from your ordeal? As for your question… we are in the Shadow Gallery. This is my home.

Aargh! This one’s familar…Shadow Gallery…Um…The
Invisibles??

1. There were these two guys in a lunatic asylum…

Killing Joke?
6. I see Ragnarok at last unfold. And worst of all, I see the desperate hope of the one man who might yet stop it turned to ash and cinders by a single bolt of lightning. Armageddon has arrived.

Kingdom Come

Fenris

This is in the last episode of V for Vendetta by Alan Moore. Simply the greatest single acheivement of the medium.

Here’s a few then:

“Rich people are usually rich first and anything else second.”

“They’d probably heal if you stopped wearing the chain mail bikini.”

“Don’t get mad at an elf. Don’t get mad at an elf.”

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Jonathan Chance *

#1) Cerebus, during the High Society Arc, talking to the Elf, after his ransom’s been paid. Maybe issue #35?

#2) Cerebus, to Red Sophia, issue 9 or so?

#3) Cerebus, again during the High Society thing, but just before the election. She’s about to make the words “Cerebus wee-wee’s in the sink” appear on the wall and over the gates to the city.

Cerebus is such a good book!

Fenris

I like a man who knows his Aardvarks!

Hi Fenris! How the hell are you? Looks like we should be pals!

It looks like folks have 1,2,4 &6

I think 3 is Dark Knight Returns

5 is definitely a Batman story - the ******* is Gotham, I’m thinking Long Halloween or Year 1

“And a “Puncheminnaface” to you too! (Fenris just loves these colorful local greetings.”) :smiley:

Fenris

What’s that by your side? WOW! I’ve never known a sword so rusted that it actually turned black!

One more, not from Cerebus…

“ONE PUNCH!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

Is this from JLA? I think it is where Batman smoked Guy Gardner in the melon. Blue Beetle was the one laughing, don’t know if that’s the correct name?

Mr. Chance - C’mon anything with Bwahahahahaha is from the Giffen Justice League, pweetman is right about the situation -

Here are a few

“This is where the overpeople live”

“Live Fast, Love Hard, and Die With Your Mask On”

“A man without hope, is a man without fear”
And boy do I wish I could remember a Sonny Sumo quote about now

1. Roschach, from Watchmen

The rest, I’ve got inklings but no firm response.

The first one isn’t quite right:

“There is a house above the world where the Overpeople live.” (parphrase from here on->)“There is a man who can wring diamonds from anthracite, there is a man who is so fast that life is an endless gallery of statues…and here, they listen to the cool green whisper of earthdeath”

This is maybe my single favorite comic line ever, and it’s from Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing #24 or so, refering to the Justice League

Number two is from that Rick Veitch series about kid sidekicks…

I’m guessing that #3 is from Miller’s Daredevil, but I’m not sure.

Let me offer one:

“If you intend to die, you can do anything”

Fenris

Killing Joke and Kingdom Come, correct.

Swamp Thing? Not even close!:smiley:

V for Vendetta is is.

Right. 3 is Dark Knight Returns, 5 is Batman: Year One.

I’m surprised nobody got #5 yet… it’s Frank Miller’s Batman: Year One.

… Oops, sorry, Indysloth got it.

First one must be Swamp Thing, the description of the JLA satellite. Belongs to the Anatomy Lesson arc, with the Floronic Man, right?
Second one must be Rick Veitch’s… Brat Pack? Name escapes me now.

Third one is from Daredevil’s arc ‘Born Again’.