Tales of ChiDope Debauchery : The Official Wrap-Up Thread

Ugh. My sleep schedule is now totally screwed up. It was fun, and I’d do it again, but I wouldn’t leave so damned early on Sunday morning.

I got a new sig out of it. More later.

[in-joke]
That’s so random!
[/in joke]

Let’s see what I remember: I was tired most of the weekend. I think scattered across the 48 hours was a total of 7 hours sleep for me. I got home and slept very, very well.

But to backtrack…

Tequila Mockingbird and I got to the hotel late, about 11:30pm I think. So while everyone else was out having fun, we just hung out at the hotel, ordered a room service pizza and watched some cable. Woo-hoo! Partayyy!

We met up with a bunch of people having breakfast in the morning and got an extra ticket to the Cubs game from UncleBill and Geobabe. The Cubbies lost, it was very cold. We left in the 7th. But it was refrigerator magnet day at the stadium, so we all got a cheesy souvenier.

After the game, caught about an hour and a half nap before meeting up for the caravan to Timothy O’Toole’s. I ditched my black leather jacket in exchange for the Mood Jacket. Had I been paying attention to the other thread and know that two other guys were going to wear kilts, I’d have worn my kilt as well. Maybe next time.

Tattva and Sophie got the special Froggy backrub treatment. Sophie became my New Favorite Doper [sup]TM[/sup] for reasons I can’t recall. If she pops in here maybe she can remind me.

The rest of the night is kind of hazy.

I remember behaving myself by not giving in to the temptation to have a cigarette. Yay me!

I remember squeezing more tits than a mammogram machine.

I remember telling Superdude I didn’t want to kiss him.

ValerieBlaise was cool and got to wear the Mood Jacket because I forgot to bring her Nutter Butters like I was supposed to.

I really don’t care for crowds too much though, so after a while I had to back off and distance myself from the group (I start feeling anxious and a bit claustrophobic in large groups). So for all of you who walked up wanting to know what was wrong, thanks, but that’s all there was to it, I just needed some space.

Shibb, those pictures are just killing me. God damn, I need to lose weight. No one will recognize me at the next big DopeFest I’ll be so in shape, I swear.
You may recognize the jacket though.

Thank you, Jane D’oh for arranging hotel rooms for us!
So i took the Blue Line to downtown Chicago and caught a cab to Timothy O’Toole’s.
COLOR=purple]It was so cool to finally meet all y’all, from the boards. [/COLOR]
The first person I met there was Superdude, who started making introductions, and a name tag. Got my picture taken with Manhattan and someone else, UncleBeer, maybe. I met Tattva and MissCreant, who, IIRC,made the tags.
I met EnderW25, who had a Guinness, like I had. Damn good beer.
Wisest Novel - kept trying to get me not to be so nervous, and smile more, Thank you.
I admired Persephone’s bracelets, which she got at an Ann Arbor art fair.
Eutychus is so cool. I’d chatted with Dropzone and JoeyHemlock, and Tequila Mockingbird.
Hi, Cantatrice!
Zyada danced, and it was beautiful.

Someone told me to smile, and i shouted, “What do you want from me?”, Eutychus asked me if i really wanted an answer to that question. I doubt i had much of a reply for that.

Teabagging comments were flying thick and fast.

I switched nametags, with Yojimboguy and got Tattva’s tag, my original nametag was not having enough fun.

Gundy said that i had looked like she had imagined, after awhile she was wearing someone’s brown leather cap and it looked cute on her.

Inertia asked me to play pool with him, and he won. Maybe at the next ChiDope we can play again. I haven’t gone out to shoot pool in ages

I hollered at dropzone after he asked me why a shy person would wear a silver halter top.

Ender25 was sitting on someone’s lap. A doper chick’s hand grabbed my breast.

Thank you, Superdude, for helping me find a way back to the hotel. You rock.

Thank you, Inertia, for letting me ride with you back to the hotels with Persephone and Eutychus.

This makes me sad. No one said “Gee, I missed Rue. It sure would be nice if he made it.” Even if it was just because you ran out of ice.

I hate you all.

Next time I’ll have to go so I can say it to all your faces.
-Rue.

well, if you must know (and apparently you must) I said at some point, ‘where the hell is Rue? He’s not THAT far from Chicago’

No offense, Rue, but we did NOT need any freakin’ ice! It was colder than a witch’s brass brassiere in the Cheap Seats at Wrigley, the doggone hot dogs would steam for a second, then ice crystals would form and fall back down and SMACK into my non-gloved hands as the Pirates made another run and the Cubbies looked silly. I carried binoculars all the way from the Sub-Tropics, but it was suicide to have hands exposed long enough to get them to focus, so they remained in the pocket. But it was at Wrigley Field.:smiley:

Before that, Geobabe and I came down Saturday morning for a quiet breakfast for two, which grew to three with the welcome addition of thinksnow, then, in no particular order, rjk, zyada, Sophie, Kyla, Quixotic, Crunchy Frog, Tequila Mockingbird, and quite possibly more, I do forget. Soon we were annoying fellow diners (breakfasters?), so all was good.

Then, after a little delay, we went to the game (see above, but wear a good jacket before you re-read it, it was damn cold). Folks on the Chicago “L” actually talk to strangers! Sure, it was mostly about the Cubbies, and how “It’s early in the season, they haven’t found their rythm, yadda, yadda.” What excuses do they use in June? Then a nap.

At O’Toole’s, I was amused when the first iced tea I ordered harked from Massapequa, but someone relieved me of it post haste. I’d name more names here, but I DO need to get dressed and get to work. So I can afford more DopeFests.

I typed a bunch of stuff and accidentally hit <ESC> and it all erased and I don’t know how to get it back. So this time I’m just going to say “I made it home alive, cheers, effluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvia.”

More when I can actually see the screen, rather than blinking owlishly at it.

Well, it looks like I had a good time by proxy… dang, FairyChatMoose gets more action in a weekend than I’ve gotten in my life!!!

Thanks for the pics, Shibb! I almost felt like I was felt!
:smiley:

If I’m still conscious after this morning’s all-employee meeting, I will add more, but for now I will just say I am now madly in love with Sophie, and Kyla is my new best friend.

I am sooooo tired! And I got more sleep than most of the ChiDopers.

You will all burn.

I think I have a fair idea why. :wink: Probably the same reasons that she’s one of MY New Favorite Dopers.

This was said to likely be the DopeFest with the highest attendance of couples brought together by the Straight Dope. Geobabe and I thanked Ed Zotti personally for the contribution of the Chicago Reader to our happiness. I won’t go naming ALL the Doper couples I saw there, as they may not all be public knowledge as of now, but we had Miss and Mr. Creant (AKA Mr. Cynical), Geobabe and yours truly, UncleBill, Zyada and rjk (who, incidentally, appears to have claimed the title of Furthest Traveled Doper), Superdude and Eutychus, plus more than a few who were hanging out together, but of whom I have no direct knowledge of any relationship, and to venture further in this forum would be hearsay. Neener, neener.

Oh yeah? Well my head fell off. And that’s the official in joke of the day.

I love you all. Thank you for coming to the brunch and making me feel loved.

And guess what? I didn’t show my cleavage even ONCE.

j

The Playboy tee shirt didn’t need cleavage to get someone slobbering, dear.

Yes, that woman continued her ongoing effort to destroy my life. Along with my continuing effort to enjoy its destruction.

At least your face wasn’t taken by a flesh-eating disease.

Yet.

but if you do get the flesh eating disease, we can wrap your head (attached or not) with a red towel.

And then a lion ate my leg!!

Boy oh boy do I wish I knew who each doper was. You’re all easy on the eyes but it sure is nice to know who’s who.