tarpal, I believe a few of us would like a word with you.

From this I gather you really are 1/4 black and 1/8th Jew.

Hey Diana, Stephi and Andrew, you do know what the say about good neighbors, high fences and shotguns don’t you?

I just wanted to note that this 42 year old male is giggling like a schoolgirl in anticipation of this. :smiley:

I’m still trying to figure out if he is the LDS family with the 8 kids that live next door to me or the lesbian couple with the yappy little dog they dress in people clothes that lives behind me.

why are you excluding the possability that he’s the yappy dog dressed in people’s clothing?

Originally posted by tarpal

You must be a very fat man.

In this thread I told you my neighbors are two gay men very happily married. Which one are you?

:slight_smile:

In case anyone’s interested, there’s a thread for that too: here.

The only thing about it that surprises me is that no mods have closed the thread yet?

LOL – I didn’t realize my thread would start such a maelstorm!

I started it because I was watching the news channels the past few weeks and I started to get really offended about how various politicians, the media and police and fire unions were using the horrible tragedy of 9/11 to profit for themselves.

I then enjoyed the other posts - such as old people are bad drivers and most diets are a rip off. etc.

Contrary to the opinion of this thread, I wasn’t inviting racist comments – in fact those posts are boring and dumb – and their stupidity speak for themselves.

Do most people even listen to racists anymore? They are (thankfully) a dying breed. It is good to be vocal about you oppostion to such opinions – that is the only way things ever change.

But why are the non-racist posters, including myself “asses” for starting the thread? I am sorry their are racist ignoramouses in the world, but I don’t control what they post – nor do I approve what they say.

Did I ever once state i approved of their message, or wrote a racist statement myself?

This, in my opinion, is a very dangerous way of thinking.

I think you were wrong to start the thread (as I told you, very early on), furnishesq), because your thread was created for the purpose of stating unsupported opinion as fact. And that is not what the SDMB is about. If you feel like flinging around controversial statements without ever providing any warrant to your assertions, go post on usenet or something. Anywhere, for that matter, that doesn’t exist for the express purpose of fighting that kind of rampant BS.

How is it dangerous?

It’s dangerous because it stifles vigilance. Racists are now more sophisticated, more surreptitious, and more clever. We underestimate them at our own peril.