Taylor Swift is dating Taylor Lautner

Winner.

Even more of a winner.

My great grandparents were (and I am not making this up), Cecil and Cecil.

I don’t know too much beyond that, but (at least as far as late 19th century record-keeping went) they were spelled the same. I don’t know about pronounciation or not (I’ve imagined his name as Cee-cil (also how I pronounce the Perfect Master’s name - I’ve seen debate on this, but that’s how they pronounced it on the A&E Straight Dope show, so I take that as canonical unless told otherwise by the Perfect Master) but I don’t know how to pronounce Cecil in a feminine way (except for the same as Cecile, but great-grandma’s name did not have an “e” at the end of it, it was spelled the same as her husband’s.)

At my college, there were a couple of professors who were married to each other, both named Jamie. Needless to say, the wife did not take the husband’s last name.

Slow news day, obviously.

ring
“Is Kelly there?”
“Uh, yeah, which one?”
“Kelly Hindebrandt?”
“Uh, yeah, which one?”

A comedian was riffing on this once, having married a woman with his name as well (but her name was changed to his post marriage, not pre marriage.), the above came from him. Some other gems (I forget what his name was, so I’ll use the Kelly Hildebrandt example):

"We jsut get our mail addressed to “Kelly squared”. The relationship is mathematical in bed too: ‘How many times does Kelly go into Kelly?’ We found out we’re reciprocal fractions: ‘Kelly over Kelly’ or ‘Kelly over Kelly’ … "

Speaking of Tio and Tia, for the longest time I thought that my uncle and aunt’s (twins, not identical) names were Bobo and Gigi. Turns out that those were nicknames, short for boy boy and girl girl.

My mom and my bf’s mom both have the same first name, spelled just one letter differently.

The other day I got an email asking for help picking out a Christmas gift for my bf. And it took me a second to figure out which mom it was from.

There’s also Paul and Paula Reiser.

Is it legal?

$5, same as down town.
I have a cousin named J.L. who married a woman named Joelle.

I remember that, and I recall thinking that she was probably only dating him because his name was Paris. A “vanity boyfriend,” as it were.

My father-in-law used to work with a man with the same name. They would go on business trips together and introduce themselves to clients and wait for the reactions. Sometimes it was fun but he said it got old after a while.

Legal? Yes! Yes! I’ts legal alright! It’s so darn legal you wouldn’t believe it!

I know a couple, Camillo and Camilla.

What will the tabloids call the Taylor couple? “Inside: new pics of Brangelina, Speidi, Bennifer, and… Taylor!”

A friend of my daughter’s dated a guy with the same first, middle and last name as her brother.

Regards,
Shodan

A friend of mine named Jo started dating a guy named Joe Clark. Her goal was to marry him, change her name, and have a son they’d name Clark.

Thankfully, they soon discovered they kinda hated each other.

I know a Robert and Roberta.

Also a Trisha and Trisha.

They were known as “the Trishas”. I didn’t know them well enough to inquire why they didn’t choose to be known by different versions of Patricia, a name with so many diminutives. I suppose they were each established as Trisha when they met and neither would back down.

It’s either a slow joke day on the Dope or I’m missing something here…

When I was in college, in the theatre dept. there was a fellow with the same name (first last) as me. We were put on the lighting crew together 'cause the tech director thought it would be funny to see the same name twice in a row in the program.

This fellow told me he had dated a girl who had dated yet another guy with the same name. The fellow introduced me to her, you should have seen her eyes light up! (No, I did not become one of her collection).

I have a unisex first name and my last name is a semi-common first name for a woman, so I always thought in my dating days I would eventually end up dating somebody with one or the other. If it was the last name and we got married she’d have a double name, like Sirhan Sirhan. Never happened, though.