Taylor Swift is dating Taylor Lautner

At least, Taylor is not his last name, because, then, if they were to marry, her name would becone “Taylor Taylor”!

Tay-tay!

One time, at choir camp[sup]a[/sup], I tried out for the elite choir. When the results list came out, I saw my name on it. So I show up for rehearsal, and there’s an extra person there. As they are trying to figure out what happened, I notice something odd that I didn’t notice before. My name is on the sopranos list. Now, I could hit a high A, but it wasn’t pretty.

It turns out that Jackson Mackenzie[sup]b[/sup] wasn’t on the list, but Mackenzie Jackson sure was. We had the same name, only reversed. I was a bit too embarrassed to pay attention to what she looked like, so I never had a chance to talk to her afterward, so no dating. But it’s still a fun story, at least to me.

[sup]a[/sup]Not that kind. Get your head out of the gutter.

[sup]b[/sup]Not my real name. However, I was named after the last name of one of my dad’s friends, and my last name happens to be a common girl’s first name. I tried to reflect that in my fake name choice.

Are there Taylor Tots in their future, I wonder?

I once dated a girl with the same first name as me. She even spelled it the same. She was awesome in bed, but little else redeeming.

I had a college friend named Kasi who married her longtime boyfriend Casey, and another friend named Leigh who dated a guy with the last name of Lee.

If Ella Fitzgerald married Darth…eh, never mind.

Thanks, X-ray, that was…moving… and uplifting. :smiley:

When I was in grad school I knew a person whose last name was Heiman who briefly dated a person whose last name was Rekdal. :smiley:

FYI, as you may know, although marrying someone with the same last name is legal here, it isn’t legal in Korea … where there are far fewer surnames, apparently. It causes problems for people whose last name is “Kim” for example.

Never heard of one, or known any such couple. I’d be interested to know if there is such a term though.

I don’t know if there’s a term for it, but I know one couple who are called “the Andrews” and their next door neighbors are “the Bruces.” One of the Bruces used to be with a Christopher, the other Bruce was with a Christian, and now Christopher and Christian are together, and are collectively called “the Xs” even by themselves.

I don’t know who either Taylor is. I’m going to assume that’s a good thing.

Is your name Lumbergh? :smiley:

My husband and I are Chris and Christine. We used to hang out with a couple named Dan and Danielle.

I once met a school principal born Thelma Williams. She married a guy with last name Williams. He died. She married another guy with last name Williams. She then went by the name Thelma Williams Williams-Williams. True.

I feel behooved to point out that the name “Mackenzie” translates as “son of the wise man,” and is most emphatically not a girls name, goddammit.

Signed,
A dude named Mackenzie

The girl is pretty cute, if you’re into skinny young blond pretty chicks.

Swautner?

My wife’s parents are named Claude and Claudette. Some people think that one of them changed their name to make it work like that.

Not only that, but Claude has a sister Claudette, and Claudette has a brother Claude.

A friend dated a guy whose brother had her exact name - she was from a small town in Quebec where half the population had the same surname, she had a somewhat androgynous first name (Dominic), the rest was history.

This happened to a co-worker of mine. Her name was Ryan [maiden name] and his name was [something] Ryan. So when she married she hyphenated for a while but eventually she just decided she’d be Ryan Ryan and that’s just how her life worked out. Another friend is David Davidson. We always wondered if there was some sort of incident with a time machine and a contraceptive, but we didn’t really want to know the answer cause the kind of person who would do that kind of thing isn’t the kind of person who you want to ask probing questions of.

T[sup]2[/sup]
Enjoy,
Steven