Tea and Coffee

GND - Amen! They sell this hazelnut raspberry blueberry or something junk in the cafeteria at work here - some mornings I can barely stand to walk past the pots! Blech!

Strong black coffee - two cups at least per day. My favorite is the Eight O’Clock kind that you grind at the store (after carefully checking the machine as GND mentions above) but Folgers works too.

I’ll drink tea but only when my stomach is bothering me and only Lipton.

I like Ice Tea though - no lemon, no sugar. Just plain.

Never have tried iced coffee…the whole concept just seemed kinda wierd to me I guess.

“When I was seventeen…I had a very good beer…”

• Homer Simpson

Coffee. Plenty of milk, no sugar.

Let every student of nature take this as a rule – that whatever his mind seizes and dwells upon with peculiar satisfaction is to be held in suspicion.

• Francis Bacon

I guess it really is hot down there in hell. Satan drinks everything with ice.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

In the morning: COFFEE!!! A cup (sometimes two) of instant before I leave the house. A travel mug for the drive (takes me 40 minutes to get to work when there is NO traffic, HA, when is there ever no traffic).

A large coffee from the caf when I arrive at work and maybe one more before lunch. My favorite is Irish Cream (only offered on Fridays). Will settle for 100% Columbian Monday to Thursday.

Around 2:00 pm I’ll go for a large tea. Perfect for after a big meal. Usually Earl Grey but Red Rose will do in a pinch.

Never drink coffee after 12:00 noon. Although I could drink a large cug and hop right into bed without any side effects (other than the need to visit the lav at 2:00 am).

This hot beverage addiction I obtained from my husband. As much as I drink - he’s worse. For example, if he happens to wake up at 3:00am for whatever reason, he’ll make himself a cup of coffee, drink it, go back to bed until the alarm goes off.

Also, I don’t care if it “goes cold”. Will drink both coffee and tea even it its cold. Often at work I’ll leave my coffee on my desk only to return 30 min later and finish it.

Tea only. Iced or hot. Coffee smells divine,but tastes horrid to me!

Excuse me? Excuse me! (raps knuckles on other poster’s foreheads) Hello, McFly, is anyone in there?

Hot chocolate only, no marshmallows or whipped cream.

If coffee is the only option, as much flavouring as you can put in there. Bring it on! Mocha, hazelnut, vanilla, cinammon, italian syrups, and whatever else you want to throw in there.

For tea, get me a Thai iced tea.

J’ai assez vécu pour voir que différence engendre haine.
Henri B. Stendhal

Well I started life as a tea-only drinker. Couldn’t stand coffee - except as ice cream.
Then I moved to England for 3 years - the land of tea drinking (in the west, at least) - and soon became a coffee drinker. Go figure.

(No it wasn’t a reaction to all things British. I think it was because they always had a pot of coffee made in my workplace and if I drank coffee it meant I could sleep a couple extra minutes in the morning because I didn’t have to get up and make tea.)

Now I can’t get going without the stuff, at least 2 mondo mugs in the morning (but none after lunch - I’m already an insomniac). And when I stay with my family (a decaf house!), they know to have the real stuff on hand and make it right away or suffer my PCS, you know, Pre-Coffee Syndrome.

I am, however, still a coffee wuss: 2/3 coffee, 1/3 milk (2% preferably, can’t stand cream), and one large teaspoonful of sugar. Have secret admiration for black coffee drinkers.

I drink about 5 cups of coffee a day. Since I work at home I have the luxury of brewing my own. We are aquatinted with a little coffee shop that been roasting beans since '73 (no bandwagon coffee drinker here: life-long fussy coffee drinkers). I go for French Roast. Cream and sugar are for nasty tasting coffees (IMO). It’s black for me at home: by taste when away (proper use of colon? It would be a first).

I drink a lot of chamomile tea in the evening (when not drinking wine, beer or gin and tonic). I take Earl Grey with cream and sugar.

I have made my own tea from the leaves of Yaupon Holly (ilex vomitoria). It’s high in caffeine, and of good taste. And yes, the plant’s species does refer to what happens when you eat the red berries. According the Lee Allen Peterson in Peterson Field Guides: Edible Wild Plants, other hollies, Ilex spp., may be used, but do not contain caffeine.

Coffee–two big mugs of fresh ground decaf with half-and-half or hot milk and sugar. I like caffeine, but I like being able to skip the coffee if I don’t have time in the morning.

I also love a big latte on a cool, rainy afternoon. (Don’t get too many of those here in San Diego, but they were pretty common in Berkeley, where I used to live.)

Tea, any kind. In cool weather I drink some kind of tea almost all day. My faves are Earl Grey and smoky Lapsang Souchong. Tea was my first love–I didn’t drink coffee at all until my husband-to-be corrupted me with sweet creamy coffee and Sacher Torte at the Coffee Connection in Harvard Square. Now there’s no going back.

Regular coffee-flavored coffee. In a mug. No cream, sugar, milk, blue stuff, vanilla, hazelnut, pink stuff, cinnamon, etc. Just fully caffinated coffee. Hot. (never got the point of iced coffee)

Only iced tea. No sugar, lots of lemon. And don’t give me a wimpy half slice of lemon, I want several wedges. Or better yet, give me the whole lemon.

I can only stomach hot tea with Chinese food. Don’t know why, that’s just the way it is.

Hmmm, guess you don’t that many Southerners, m’boy (to the posse: Get a rope).

Hot chocolate is the closest I get to coffee. Between that and soup, those are the only two liquids I drink hot.

I love iced tea, with plenty of lemon, and just enough sugar to get a hint of sweetness.

For the most part, I’m a soda man.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

More often than anything, I drink Coke.
Second to that is a tossup between iced tea and coffee.
My tea has to be sweet (hot or cold), but I like all different kinds. Coffee has to be black. I don’t care if it’s flavored with coffee syrup, but I hate creamy coffee…
it’s like drinking candy. More often than not though, I drink it plain.

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

I love regular old coffee with that Coffee Mate French Vanilla creamer! YUM! Usually only two cups in the morning. It tends to bother my tummy if I drink it later in the day.

I also like Iced Tea. Lipton fresh brewed only, no lemon, no sugar.

They’re not Hot Flashes,
They’re Power Surges!

I love hot tea, usually with milk and sugar. I can’t deal with iced tea though. No no no no no.

I also really love coffee, but I rarely make it at home anymore 'cause my coffemaker has seen better days, and I can’t justify the expense of the new one I want right now.

I like Chai, and most Celestial Seasonings herbal teas. I also really love a good mocha, or a cup of plain old coffee with a few of those Coffeemate flavored creamers, especially the cinnamon hazelnut kind.

BTW, here’s something that most people north of NC don’t seem to get. The proper way to make iced tea is as follows:

1. Brew tea.
  2. Pour hot tea into pitcher.
  3. Sweeten to taste.
  4. Cut up a few lemons, put in pitcher.
  5. Put entire pitcher in fridge until cold.
  6. Serve over ice.

Decaffeinated coffee please; I was born with more jazz than I will ever use, and you don’t EVEN want to see me on any kind of stimulants. Fresh brewed, usually black, though sometimes I use those little flavored creamers and a packet of the Pink Stuff if I buy it at the local Stop’n’Rob.

TT

“Believe those who seek the truth.
Doubt those who find it.” --Andre Gide

Has anyone else ever noticed that the side view of a glass mug of Guiness that’s just been pulled looks quite similar to a glass of iced coffee into which you’ve just poured creamer?

Wait. . . what?

I need at least one cup of joe a day to avoid that “no coffee headache” I prefer regularly brewed coffe with lots of cream and sugar.
Espresso is popular in my family,so I drink that from time to time as well. Sugar,no cream,and an orange rind.
I like to drink tea when I have a cold or the flu and sometimes at night while reading a book or something. mmmm.mmmm… apple cinnamon

so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. what’s so amazing about really deep thoughts? Tori Amos

Arnold:

Ah yes. Thai Iced Tea is amazing stuff.

And I do love hot chocolate also. Not that pre-packagesd stuff with shipped-asteroid nuggets called “mini-marshmellows,” however.

Oh no. Give me real cocoa with cane sugar and milk (water it and I shoot to kill). Heat to boil, add some fresh whipped cream.

To die…

I grew up around cops and car dealers. Black coffee is a way of life. None of that cream and sugar bullshit either. Just scrape the tar off of the bottom of the pot and add water.
You don’t need a filter, boy; just throw in one of those napkins or a paper towel. Measuring cup? You don’t need no damn measuring cup. Throw in a few handfulls of coffee and add water.

Tea? Why would I drink tea? Are we out of coffee?