Team sports games without projectiles

The rock is so a projectile:

But both teams aren’t playing simultaneously, are they?

They are. One member of each team is always down in the “bulls-eye” area and can brush the ice to adjust the position of stones that are moved.
What, no one likes ballroom dancing?

Only when there are projectiles.

Red Rover. (Unless you are going to quibble that one of the teams has only one player in action for each series.)

“Bombardment! Bombardment! Bombardment!”

“But doesn’t that have projectiles?”

…to which the only appropriate response is:

“Bombardment!”

Damn, you beat me to it. That, and Capture the Flag mentioned above would both seem to work.

King of the Hill.
Laser Tag.
Wack a Mole using pipes, ground hogs, and the horse pasture you want the holes gone in. The team with the most rodents wins.

I missed the simultaneously part. Given a large enough chunk of ice, it would be possible to have two or more teams in action, but I guess that’s not normal.

As for projectile, Answers.com and Wikipedia seem to be on my side - the key factor being “through space” - the rock in curling slides on ice.

But, that simultaneous competition part is the killer.

How about Tour de France stage racing? No projectiles, teamwork, everyone on the same playing surface?

The surface of ice is still space. It just happens to be restricted to a plane, but that is included in space. I think most folks would agree that curling stones and bowling balls are projectiles.

Unless you count the laser as a projectile.

Would team scavenger hunts qualify?

That’s not a quibble; that was part of how I framed the question:

Doesn’t meet the simultaneity requirement: since there’s no interaction between the teams, it would be entirely possible (though time-consuming) for each time to dance separately for the judges.

This is a whoosh, right?

No, maybe it’s just my ignorance. Isn’t rowing a bunch of people in a boat trying to move the boat as quickly as possible from the starting line to the finish line? Like, you’re not supposed to ram the other teams’ boats or anything, are you?

tag team wrestling

Roller Derby? Has interactions between the players which mean it isn’t simply a race.

I can’t see why yachting isn’t an answer, particularly match racing. It’s a type of racing but not one involving simple strength. Tactics, (covering the other yacht etc) are important. It’s not (unlike rowing) a type of race that could be run as a time trial because of the interaction between the vessels.