Television-Now we'll NEVER know!

My nomination is Action, a surprisingly little known series that only lasted 1 run. It never got a second series, so we’ll never know if Peter Dragon’s Beverly Hills Gun Club movie became a hit or not. It would have been funny the movie tanked and his boss made him do humiliating things for revenge. Great show, too bad it got cut short.
I wasn’t 100% sure if it counts because it’s pretty coarse for regular television (I think it was an HBO series) But I did catch first on Comedy Central - usually unannounced showings

“V: The Original Mini-Series” (1983) ended with the signal into space.

“V: The Final Battle” (the second mini-series, 1984), humans were able to create the red-dust bacteria weapon, the visitors died and the earth was being poisoned against them. They tried to use one of their ships as a nuclear warhead type thing and crash it, but Elizabeth, the human-lizard hybrid child used some kind of “magic” psychokinetic powers to make the ship stop its ballistic heading. :rolleyes:

“V: The Series” the lizards come back having developed a work-around of some kind to deal with the red-dust bacteria. It ended as described above, with the now adult Elizabeth going of into space sort of as an ambassador with the leader of the lizards and her boyfriend stows away.

Really the original mini-series ending that was so ambiguous was the best of the three.

IIRC, the bacteria needed a dormant period to survive more than six months or something. So cities in areas that got an actual winter were V-free, but cities in warmer areas weren’t.

I was always annoyed with the way The Pretender ended. It got cartoony at the end and just went down hill once the chick with the sucker fascination was added to the show, but I just wanted a resolution. Just a basic “Does Jarod get a normal life eventually?” would have been nice.

Oooooh! Damn you! I’d forgotten Huff and now I’m back to wondering what was going to happen!!!

New Amsterdam-he finally meets his true love and she can’t accept his immortality? So she just leaves him there to bum around New York forever?

The X-Files ended with a cliffhanger of Scully being pregnant and us not knowing who the father was; we also never got a definitive answer about what happened to Samantha. Still, I guess that was better than having two more seasons even though the show had clearly run its course.

NOW AND AGAIN. I’ll never know the fate of Michael Wiseman and his family. Did she ever find out the truth? Did Dr Morris kill them?

It’s possible the ending of **Blake’s 7 **was left to be deliberately ambiguous (as they weren’t sure if there would be a 5th series), but one would still like to know what happened after the screen went blank.

I thought the cliffhanger was “are they going to try to be more like ‘Touched by an Angel,’ or more like ‘The X-Files’”? :wink:

(Seriously, though, I was pissed off by this one too. And it was really finally starting to come into it’s own…in the last two episodes. :smack: )

Action was a Fox show and the producers actually had an out planned. After it was canceled, the last aired episode included a scene where Peter Dragon had a heart attack and died.

Am I strange for wondering, all these years, about the ending of “ALF”?

(Yeah, I just checked Wikipedia to see that there was a movie made that resolves the cliff hanger, but a) the plot outline in Wikipedia seems like this one has unresolved questions as well, and b) fat lot of good it does finding this out 14 years after the movie was released! Probably didn’t do too well in the box office, as I didn’t even know it was out … )

Oh! Crime Story! We never found out who survived the plane crash!

I thought that in the end it wasn’t the Doctor?

It was actually a made-for-TV movie (aired on ABC I believe).
But I too wondered about the ending when I was a kid.
I saw an interview with the creators once, and they said they weren’t sure whether or not NBC was going to renew the show, but went ahead and did the cliffhanger anyway because the network supposedly promised that if they did cancel the show they would allow the producers one more episode to resolve the storyline.
Of course NBC later ended up reneging on that promise.

But when Elizabeth is getting on the spaceship, Diana turns to one of her guys and says, “I left a little surprise on board, and they should get a BIG BANG out of it.”

Then it ended.

At least that’s what I remember - I was a kid, so it may be fuzzy.

I loved The Nine.

What happened in the bank that bonded them for life, dammit???

Deadwood ended somewhat abruptly. Did Bullock just let Hearst ride away?

Also, it has to be said: Sopranos. Russian. Pine Barrens.

Here’s another instance where they had a follow up movie (2 even!) and still we have questions. I can’t remember the 1st movie well enough anymore… did they address anything that was left hanging at the end of the series?

My pet peeve is people who won’t leave this alone, followed by people who get it wrong. (He was a Czech “Interior Decorator” (because Paulie and Chris couldn’t remember Ministry of the Interior)).

Hearst has to live at the end of Deadwood. While fictional, they did not kill off historical characters (unless they died for real, like the Preacher and Wild Bill).