Tell me about Senseo.

I’m thinking about getting a Senseo, but I’m wondering about a few things…

1. How difficult / easy is it to find the pods offline?

2. Can it be used for just heating up water for tea?

3. Is it easy to clean?

4. Is it yummy?

It is not yummy. It’s one of the worst cups a’joe I’ve ever had. I want to destroy mine. The packets are available in the stores, but they’re expensive for what you’re getting. It doesn’t fit under on my kitchen counter underneath my cabinet tops. I don’t know about tea. It’s reasonably easy to clean. You don’t have to do a lot of it. Cleaning is about the same as a standard coffee maker.

All my opinion, of course. :smiley:
Pretty soon, when I get to quit this Gawd forsaken company and work from home, I will be buying a new top of the line something else for my java needs.

Let me repeat: I HATE MY SENSEO. IT IS SWILL!

They look like a teabag with coffee in, which seems a bit weird. I’ve never had any dealings with any of these package systems, but I’ve heard good things about Nespresso and related capsule systems.

I love mine.

I’m not a big coffee drinker, just a to go cup on my way to work in the cold mornings. It’s perfect for that. I think the coffee is good. But I’m not at all a Starbucks kind of guy.

What I do, is use the two pod holder and fill up a Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup. Then poor that into my travel mug. My tall travel mug does not fit under the spout. No big deal though. Works well for me.

I don’t see why you couldn’t use it to heat water. Heck, you might even be able to use a tea bag in it (Mr. Tea :smiley: ).

Real easy to clean.

Pod availability? Eh, I’m probably not a good one to answer that. I live in a relatively small community. One of the grocery stores has them, the other does not.

I’ve got something similar at work. It works fine. Doesn’t make the best coffee in the world, but it is drinkable. Actually, I’d say it is one step above regular office coffee.

I’d think the pods would be a headache to buy at home. Plus, you probably can’t find them at the local store. I have no idea how easy it is to clean, but it doesn’t take the maintenance crew here long to clean it.

I got mine free through their website promo. Not sure if it’s still going on.

I heard a lot of good things from others, but mine broke the second time I used it. They hassled me so much about replacing it (i was not going to drive anywhere or pay for shipping when it was a faulty product) I ended up throwing it in the trash. I’ll stick with my instant unless I want a whole pot.

They seem very cheap and poorly made.

But if you still want one, Folgers makes pods; they have them at Kroger. I’ve also seen a site that shows how to make your own.

I have one. I like it with the following complaints

1. 4 oz of coffee = 1 cup? Not to me I need 8 oz but 1 pod with 8 oz of water is fine to my taste
  2. Yes you can use it to make tea. Just run it with no pod and hot water comes out. I have done it with a tea bag where the coffee goes and it worked too.

I love my Senseo, but I also only use it for a couple of cups a day. The pods you get from Senseo in the store aren’t that great if you’re a real coffee aficionado (I’m not), but the ones from Folgers taste better to me and they’re cheaper.

I just bought this from Amazon and it’s worked great for me with my own ground coffee. I use a grind that’s between a drip and espresso grind and it works well with the refillable system.

All in all, I’m immensely pleased with it, but that might also be due to the $50 rebate I got when I bought it (only paid $9.99 after the rebate for it) from Target.

Bottom Line: If you drink a lot of coffee or are a true coffee snob, this probably isn’t for you. If you just want a machine that makes a pretty good cuppa joe, you might want to try it out if you can find it for cheaper than $60 (I don’t think it’s worth full price).