Tell me about Your stuff

@DocCathode Well, a happy ending anyway, and I’m glad. Thanks for the update.

We have a couple of nice oddities. A commemorative saucer (no cup) for the coronation of Edward VIII, which we found in my father’s garage in a pile of plant pots. A quick google suggests that these sorts of memorabilia are not very rare. And a copy of Isis Unveiled by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky with a handwritten, but unsigned, dedication. So far as I can tell, it’s a match for Blavatsky’s handwriting; and the unsigned bit doesn’t seem so surprising.

j

I got cool wheels (I think so, at least). 2 each of Yamaha RZ350’s, Kawasaki W650’s, BMW 2002’s, Fiat Spiders.

Got a pair of JBL model 200 Studio monitors. Sansui Quad Amp.

M1 Carbine, original canvas bag and bill of sale from the U.S. Armory for $20 about 60 years ago.

OOh! RZ350s!!! Pics? Do you ride them? Such a cool little bike.

We are a quirky shit museum!

I have my great-great-grandfather’s small New Testament Bible that he carried with him during the Civil War. It’s inscribed to him from his sister on Christmas 1862. I’ve put it somewhere safe but don’t remember where that is. I need to try to find it and put it somewhere I will remember.

I also have my grandmother’s diamond engagement rings. One is from 1918 and one from 1952. Her fingers were bigger than mine so I wear the oldest one on my index finger and had the other sized to fit my ring finger.

Don’t ride them much at all anymore. I nearly got killed by a teenager on a cellphone on one them. The rarest of the rare, the California Only NC2 with the alternate striping. Impact so hard, it snapped both forks and split the cast wheel in half. Frame is like a pretzel. Lucky to be alive. Thanks, Arai!

I’ve had 7 of them over the years. Both colors and all graphic options. Google a picture and imagine it’s mine. Still have a Yellow one and a white one, but it’s not at all factory. Looks like shit, but its fast as hell! Spec 2 pipes and lower gearing. Dangerous! Got 2 wrecks hanging in the garage from the beams, including the twisted up NC2.

A tiny bronze Olmec statue

and

A bat in a jar

I do have a Tribble. My wife got it for me, but I don’t remember where she got it. It’s a grayish white furry blob and when you squeeze it it emits the squeal that tells you Klingons are near.

An M1 Garand, M1 Carbine and 2 M1903A3 Springfields.

All in shooting condition. I need to get back to the range soon.

The ones I had a chance to buy were from the actual show. Props. So no noise-making capability. It was in a small SciFi bookstore back in the late 70s (?). The owner had a lot of connections, so she was able to get a few. They were pretty dirty.

I have two Black Talon hollow point bullets. They were given to me by a police officer. He assured me that it was legal for me to have them. As he turned out to be an immature jerk, he is no longer in my life. Lately, I’ve been thinking of getting rid of them. But I am unsure how to do so in a safe and legal manner.

Uh…I have a large purple crystal mounted on a wooden stand…a carving of a sleeping cat…a needle-felted llama…a 3D printed figurine of Bast…a tentacle-shaped vase…and I think my mother-in-law might have left some commemorative plates and Hummels. Rob me if you dare!

This post is meaningless with photographs!

ETA except for the Hummels. Nobody needs to see Hummels.

Agree.

I’ve got a collection of “vintage” computers. The most interesting are an Intellec 8 that’s older than I am, an InterSystems DPS-1, and a CompuPro of some sort. Also some more common stuff like an original IBM PC, Commodore 64, and such.

I still have my Dad’s Northstar Horizon. I have a few C-64’s and a Plus 4 (this model came with preloaded business software)

Yeah. I don’t ride street anymore, just dirt. More broken bones, less death. Those are true collectors items!

Somewhere buried in a box in my basement I have a Simpsons cartoon short on 35mm film.
It came with the movie “The War of the Roses” when I was a projectionist, and before I sent the film back to the distributor I grabbed the cartoon from the head.

Also got a GB500 and NT650, but only one of each. :wink:

But I got 2 DR350’s for the desert, but one is just part. Flat wore it out!