Tell me the title/author and I'll give you a dollar.

Since the book posts have been popular, I read a book when I was a kid that I loked, but I can’t remember anything but the vaguest details of the plot or story line, and have no clue who wrote it.

What I remember is this:

Nostrodamus has some kid working for him, and he puts glass painted wtih pictures into a lamp thingy that displays the pictures on the wall, sort of a crude slide projector. The slides tell about the future of the earth, most notably the end. The only other part of it I remember is something about a submarine sailing off to find Eden or something like that.

I know, I know, I’m pathetic.

I know that the description is lacking but the Dopers are the bust read bunch of people on the planet!

Then again, may the book actually sucked and was put out of its misery.

Anyway, WEEKEND BUMP!

“This Is the Way the World Ends,” James Morrow.

P.S. Send the dollar here.

Do I get a dollar too? (you didn’t limit it to the FIRST person to tell you…) :slight_smile:

Expects 5 bucks in the mail.

I knew it. KNEW IT! You guys rule. Since Stankow was first he gets the bucks, but since it’s for a good cause 7 dollars is en route to bethepeople.

Thanks!

I made the donation in your name. Well, credited it to you anyway.

By the way, now that the answer is posted I hereby withdraw the offer to pay anyone a dollar for anything. Get a job, Dieter.

Thank you, welby1. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

As for you other two wisenheimers, I expect to see a few more bucks in the kitty for the Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk from anonymous donors at the above link.

If ya knows what’s good fer ya, dat is…