Tell me what to watch on Netflix Instant Watch

It’s worth it, I think. Don’t read anything about it in advance.

I think Punch-Drunk Love is still playing.

The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill

American Pickers (series)

Pawn Stars (series)

Frontline: the Vaccine War

Howl

Steal This Movie

Better hurry if you want watch Party Down. Isn’t all Starz content set to be pulled in early 2012?

Right now I’ve been watching (for the first time–never seen these shows when they were airing originally):
Monk
Weeds
The Dead Zone
Ugly Betty

They’re all very good.

I’ll second “The Weird and Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia” and also add all of Bourdain’s No Reservations shows as well as* Bizarre Foods.*

I just watched this today, after having it in my queue for ages. Yeah, it’s emotionally draining but worth it.
I feel the need to watch some South Park to get myself back on an even keel.
Netflix has a great selection of documentaries. Some of the ones I enjoyed are:
Paper Clips
Fathead (best if watched right after watching Supersize Me)
King Corn
Tapped
Guns, Germs & Steel
Ken Burns’ The Civil War
Collapse
Life After People
The Story of India
Modern Marvels (any of them)
Ken Burns’ America: The Shakers
Ken Burns’ America: The Brooklyn Bridge
Winnebago Man
The Weird and Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia

And in the “Don’t You Judge Me!” category:
Parking Wars
Mall Cops

For this one, I’d say read the book.

If this is the series that I’m thinking of – that guy is constantly pinging my :dubious: meter.

I’m rewatching Sports Night an episode or two at a time at the gym, and it’s still great.

Do you enjoy foreign films? If so, I really liked the Japanese Movie Departures.

And then there are the Girl with the dragon tattoo movies. In Swedish, but soon to be made in English.

And I’ll also highly recommend Dexter. It’s wonderful.

Yes! I loved this movie. A modern, twisted Twilight Zone-like gem if you ask me. Unfortunately, it looks like it’s not available anymore for instant watch… WTF?

Also, Rubber.

There’s a lot of Eddie Izzard available. You’ll learn a lot about cake. And death.

Eureka. And Farscape. And Arrested Development.

David Attenborough’s “Life of…” animal documentaries. I’m an animal show junkie, and even I saw and learned tons of new stuff I’d never seen before.

“Beavers”. A short documentary about beavers. Minimal narration, just a camera following them around while they paddle, chew, and squeak. Squeeworthy cuteness.

Is it too late to add just one more? Try No Time For Sergants starring Andy Griffith. One of my favorite movies of all time. Great comedy. A second choice would be the 141 episodes of Wings.

Phineas and Ferb.

If absurdist humor and non sequitars are your kind of comedy, I see they just released “Kung Pow: Enter the Fist” on streaming.

Thats a lot of NUTS!

If you’re a stand up comedy fan at all, there are a lot of great stand up specials available.
We’ve also been watching a good bit of the Discovery and History Channel shows. Mythbusters is great if you haven’t seen the first seasons. I just got into Ice Road Truckers this season, so I’ve been going back and catching up on it from the beginning.
I’ve also been going through the run of Criss Angel’s Mindfreak. I know he’s one of those love him or hate him types and he pings the douchebag meter for a lot of folks, but for some reason I really like this show.

Netflix has a great anime selection, if you’re into it.

Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are both available. I haven’t watched Brotherhood yet, but the original series is one of the most interesting things I’ve seen on television.

If you have even a mild fondness for martial arts movies, both Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are excellent.