Tell me your MMORPG guild and/or party horror story.

Mine pet peeve is the team of six that sits by a mission door for half an hour because “we need a tank.” Rather than polish off mission with no tank, we will sit here and wait until a tank logs on that is looking to team and pick them up.

God forbid you loose someone mid mission - why, you just stop and wait until you can haul someone else of that class in - I believe they think they need one of each to not get killed.

In CoX I’m crappy at tanking. I have one tank character (Mock Turtle) thats been around level 22 for 2 years. I hesitate teaming with him because I suck at holding the aggro and I only get my teammates killed. Still, any team that claims to need whatever class in order to succeed I stay away from. Its a defeatist attitude, and besides, if you’re the class they often will blame you for any failure. (I had that happen in CoX when I was on my healer. the leader blamed me for his dying in a large battle with a gigantic mob. “I wouldn’t have died if the damned healer did his job”. Yeah, well, if someone tried to defend me while i was healing I would’ve healed you before I died too. I quit the team right there. Very low tolerance for abuse. )

In CoX my first really played character was a healer class. I was pretty good at it, too. But I soloed him most of the time. (and yeah, it was hard with a squishy type class) I don’t make healer classes in that game any more because I got sick of the teams that felt that they absolutely had to have a healer to succeed. You end up not having fun because you’re too busy babysitting the others. I made a priest in WoW but he’s been lvl 7 for a year now. Maybe I’m just disagreeable, but I dread the idea that he’d attract the kind of teams we’re talking about.

Besides, I’m less inclined to join any team in WoW after my recent experience with the Scarlet monastery, where I got invited to a team, went to the monastery and the team leader took his own sweet time getting there if he was coming at all. I won’t join any team unless they’re ready to go when the invite is sent. That may be unreasonable, but I won’t let someone else waste my time again.