[QUOTE=AuntiePam]
My family circle is shrinking, and I can only think of one – hubby’s daughter, who never eats. She’s 35 or so, married, a kindergarten teacher. Very slim and determined to stay that way. But it’s insulting to the hostess (me), not to even have a bit of salad or make a plate from the veggie tray.
Our house is clean, there’s no pet hair in the food. Why won’t she eat something? Her husband makes up for it by coming back for thirds, but still . . .
[/QUOTE]
It’s totally a unfounded WAG on my part, but do try to not hold this against her. It may well be for a good reason. I have IBS myself and often forego eating during holiday visits, because food can very often be a trigger to a reaction I really don’t want to deal with when I am a guest at someone’s holiday party. Naturally it is something one doesn’t wish to explain, either.
You may well have reason to know that this is not the case with her - but it sounds familiar to me, and I’d hate to be on someone’s ‘list’ because of such an irksome idiosyncracy. The last thing the holiday season needs is more reason to stress, ya know?