Tennessee Republican Campaigns on Eugenics Platform

For a small fee, you can purchase rights to the relevant section of my genome.

:smiley:

I find it interesting how it’s almost always the most unexpectedly horrifying news items that provoke the collective Dopemind to new heights of hilarity. —thumbs up—

And, of course, he’s the second TN fuckwit to inspire a Pit thread today. I cannot wait until I have enough money to move out of this state.

Dude, I’d sponsor you but I think you’re ‘smart’ affirmative action for Tennessee.

The political publisher I used to work at (and, curiously, my password still works on their site)(blinks innocently…noting that no system is safe from the man who designed it) has this headline: "TN8: Eugenicist Likely To Win GOP Nomination"

Lord, God Awmighty.

Ha! I’ve been gone for eight months! And I thnk the invisible pink unicorn for it every day.

In all seriousness, this is truly horrendous and the guy gives everyone in his district a bad name. I was elated to see he was in the eighth congressional district and not the third, where I was born and raised. Unfortunately, I think Rhea County, the county that wanted to ban homosexuals, might be in the third district. :frowning:

Dude, does the phrase, “Beating your head into the wall.” mean anything to you? Because, Christ on a cracker, that’s what it’s like here. Yes, there’s nice people here, and yes, there’s plenty of places which do not fit the stereotype of the South, but shit almighty, I’ve ran into enough pinheads like the ones that inspired the OP of this thread and the OP of the other thread that I linked to, that I’ve had my fill.

I do not think that anything better can come out of this thread than that reply.

Hands Necro Romancer the Clever Crown

I note that monors under the age of 18 can’t contribute. The moron can’t take money from the monors.

I’ll bet this guy’s website sounds so much better in the original Infernal.

Now really, what are you going to do with that extra $.02?

It doesn’t look good for the write-in candidate:

Unabashed Racist Leads Tenn. GOP Primary

Perhaps next time the powers that be in the GOP won’t be caught napping. I suspect they just didn’t want to spend the money to contest an unwinnable election.

Here’s a map of the Tennessee 8th. You will notice it does not include Memphis proper, just Millington in the north of the county.

Tanner’s going to beat the crap out of this guy. I’d promise to vote against him, but I’m in Jr’s district, the Tennessee 9th. Both Tanner and Ford are outstanding members of Congress, and neither one has serious opposition in the fall. So it’s OK. The troglodyte will be sent packing by the good people of West Tennessee.

I live in the 8th district of TN. People around here know who this Hart idiot is. The Tanner people did a good job of telling people about him. Hart ran for some local office here a couple of years ago as well and got slaughtered. Tanner is a popular guy. He’s from here, knows everybody and actually works hard for this part of the country. No way he will ever lose to the likes of Hart even if he retired or died. :slight_smile:

There’s one thing I don’t understand.

If the guy is so awful, can’t he just be booted out of the partY? Why did the GOP have to let him run as a Republican? I mean, religions have forms of excommunication, don’t political parties?

This resolution reprinted above is as close to an excommunication as you can get from a political party in America.

Seriously, if you call yourself a Democrat, and vote for Democrats, you’re a Democrat. And nobody can tell you not to call yourself one, even if you’re batshit crazy.

Case in point, Lyndon LaRouche runs for the Democratic nomination for President every four years, like clockwork.

There’s nothing to be done about it, except to recognize the cranks for what they are, realize they don’t represent the party at large, and move on.

Didn’t the Democrats do that with Lyndon LaRouche? He has been a nominal Democrat in the past, but his name is not on the party ballots.

Frankly, I think its better to err on the side of inclusiveness, and not have some party bosses determine who is a “real” partisan or not. But at the same time, the Republican party needs to let people know that Bubba Goebbels is not welcome at all.

Any crankpot that calls himself a Republican can run for a primary as a republican, and therefore the Republican Party can distance itself from the views of the crackpot. Of this I have no argument.

But when almost 5000 Republicans (fact check please, can only registered republicans vote in tennesse republican primaries?) vote for the crackpot, can you not say something about the views of the Republicans in that state? (which may, in fact, still be different than the views of the “Republican party”)

-lv

Notmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfault
notmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfault
notmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfault
notmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfault
notmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfault
notmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfault
notmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfault
notmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfault
notmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfault
notmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfaultnotmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfault…
Notmfaultnotmyfaultnotmyfault…

I blame Bosda.

They did not vote for the crakepot, they probably just voted a straight-line Republican ticket, not realizing who the guy was.