Terminator vs. Aliens

Oh, I agree that the T-800 would be able to do quite the number the the aliens. I’d guess the aliens would do a full assault because, well, what else are they going to do? It’s not like they can shoot back. Granted the first Alien was one in a ship of eight so it made more sense for it to hide 'n grab as it matured. The ones on Archeron (LV-426) were in defense of the homeland and well outnumbered the Marines so I’d guess they’d use the same tactics against the T-800 as they do there. Hell, the things ran full on into the robotic machine guns in the shafts in Aliens which, while it doesn’t say much about their common sense, gives credit to their single mindedness and self sacrifice when defending the hive. They gave up eventually, but they were giving up on that route, not on the intruders.

No idea on what spectrum the aliens see in and I’m not even going to guess. I’m not sure how visible the aliens will be motionless against the background of hardened mucous though on whatever spectrum or even if the aliens are warm blooded. I would think a motionless alien in one of the many niches would be pretty much invisible but once they’re moving they’d lose any element of suprise. Still, a T-800 has to weigh something with its dense armor and all and I’m sure the aliens would hear it clumping around (assuming the aliens hear better than we do which is a pretty safe guess since they hunt as a lifestyle). But if the T-800 made any attempt to remain motionless and hidden, it could pull it off I’m sure.

Any idea how the aliens communicate? I never saw Ressurection and paid good money to have A:3 purged from my mind so I don’t know if it ever came up. They don’t make much noise besides screaming when they’re shot and the queen did that whole “look at the guards and they back off” number when Ripley reached the hive and made her intentions to toast the eggs clear. Phermones? Telepathy? Subsonic speech? Body language? The answer may well say how well the aliens could coordinate an attack on the T-800.

Against any single or even group of aliens, I’d give it to the T-800. Against a hive, I’d say he falls under a whole lotta acidic alien corpses. I honestly doubt the aliens leave any large jars of lye around to neutralize their acids and the “worker/warrior” types don’t have any other goal in life beyond killing things or dying in the attempt.

You were right the first time; Hudson spits down the hole, Hicks nudges him, Hudson says “Quit screwin’ around!”

The splash that Vasquez got in the air ducts missed her face entirely but ruined her legs to the extent that she could barely crawl.

Hicks had gotten a light splash (compare it to the heavy splash that Drake got just as everyone was evacuating into the APC) that still burned through his armor.

For the effects of a single drop or two in Aliens, Hudson had his forearm singed after he put the barrel of the shotgun into the alien’s mouth that was trying to force its way into the APC. He screamed like a little girl, and later is seen receiving medical attention for the burn.

Anyway, my opinion? It all depends on the setting. Everyone’s arguing about if the T-800 has weapons or if the aliens surprise him or if this or that. Depending on the circumstances, it’d go either way.

On preview, I see some more commentary by Jophiel

The aliens aren’t warm-blooded. They don’t show up on infra-red at all. They may show up on another spectrum - if we use non-canon sources (assorted Aliens vs Predator books and games) then the aliens do stand out in certain ways. How they detect prey is up in the air, but it’s apparently not visually, or visually as we know it. Sound and smell and sensitivity to electromagnetic fields are the usual answers. Unless the T-800 is completely shut down, I doubt that it’d escape notice.

More non-canon sources (assorted books by Steve and Stephanie Perry - Earth Hive, et cetera) indicate that a queen has telepathic communication of a sort with the rest of the hive. Not necessarily control - but the individual aliens aren’t really individuals, anyway.

I’m pretty sure it isn’t visually as we consider it, since, if I recall correctly, one of the main things R.Scott told Gieger when designing the aliens was ‘No Eyes.’

The general rules of most “who would win…” debates is that the normal laws of physics apply, unless they are overridden by the laws of physics from the movie. ie The Aliens blood ate through bulkhead plating (which we would assume is light and strong cause its on a spacecraft), body armor (which is probably ceramic or other synthetic) and maybe part of the APC (or Ripley could have “busted the trans-axil” with her driving) - therefore there is a strong likelyhood it would eat through a T-800.

Keep in mind the reason why the Aliens were so deadly:
Alien:
Six(?) crewmen armed with knives and blowtorches against a large, very strong, very hungry armored critter. How would you fare without weapons against an armor plated Tiger?

Aliens:
A dozen well armed marines, taken by surprise by 100s on Aliens, unable to use their weapons under the cooling tower. Once most of the marines were killed and their equipment blowd up, not much of a contest

Alien 3:
Once again, dozens of unarmed prisoners traped with one mean Alien.

Alien Resurection:
I don’t know.
By the way. I’m watching the Terminator right now on E! (of all channels). I hope he asks for the Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range and the Uzi 9mm…oh there he goes:)

What, pray tell, is a gorilla Alien?

Why would the T-800 appear at the same temp. as the ambient? Ask any computer geek about the need to cool down a CPU. How about the mechanical parts? Now I know that we are dealing with futuristic technology, but no matter how efficient, he would still give off heat.

Maybe if he had some sort of “low-power mode” where he could still monitor the situation but would have minimal heat radiation?

I bet he’d give off right around 98.6 degrees of it, in fact. I guess you could argue that temperature would only radiate from the living tissue encasing the chassis, but I think that’s rather dubious–far better to purposefully design it with a core temperature of human normal, and efficient transfer so it’s a normal heat signature through that tissue. Depending on how efficient that transfer is, the core temp might even be higher.

Absolutely! It’s a vehicle and a power generator. I guess you could stipulate to cold fusion power.

But I repeat my earlier comment, that in order to generate the result you want, you are simply applying the traits you desire to each combatant.

Indeed.

In my novelizations of the Terminator movies, the Terminator is