Terri Carlin of Knoxville, TN--you may not speak on my behalf.

paperbackwriter,
The strange thing is that the firm that filed this suit is *really * well respected. These guys try major, grave, front-page cases all over the South. They’re not publicity hounds or goofballs like you might expect, but from what I know of them, they’re just genuinely great, conscientious lawyers. (I’ve met a couple of the partners in the firm, and a friend who’s seen one of them try a case says it’s the most masterful thing she’s ever seen.) In short, I’ve got a lot of respect for these guys, and am left scratching my head about why they signed on to this.

Family ties, blackmail, or both?

Do you have any IDEA how much Mountain Dew HURTS when you shnorf it out through your NOSTRILS and TEAR DUCTS?!?!?!?

Cripes, I thought the Alien was pushin’ his way out.

Johnnie Cochran:

If you don’t mind tit, you must acquit :smiley:

I wonder if she suffers similar injuries when she glimpses her own boobies as she leaves the shower.

I would think that the only way Janets boobie would have injured someone would be if they rubbed up against it. That shield was mighty pointy. Could put out the eye of a short person hugging her or something.

I can’t believe this. You get 24 hours live coverage of a war on tv and you get injured watching a breast?

Even our anchor man and woman got the giggles.

[btw: How many threads are here, at the SDMB, about this topic? Even the BBC has a “Have your say” on it. ] *:: baffled:: *

I could see the lawsuit if it was like Oprahs’ boob or something.

I understand Ms. Carlin is founder and CEO of Citizens Undermining Network Television Syndicates.

I wonder if we can sue this woman for mis-representation of us.

Wouldn’t that be funny.

Flood her with frivolous counter-lawsuits until she is crushed under the weight of her own greed.

Are you suggesting that Ms Jackson ATTEMPTED TO A$$A$$INATE THE PRE$IDENT OF THE UNITED TATE*? Call my lawyer; I’m suing too!

• If the software the FBI uses to find terrorists on the internet is by the same guys who wrote my spam blocker that ought to be enough to throw it off the scent.

I’m pondering the implications of this. As in, should all us gals start requiring our dates to sign release forms before we allow them to get to first base? I mean, if a half-second glimpse of a single boob can inflict serious damage, can you imagine the pain the poor guys risk on seeing not one, but TWO of them at ONCE? And not just seeing, TOUCHING! My god, they’re probably risking their life AND sanity!

It’s a wonder the courts aren’t utterly clogged with pain & suffering suits already!

Any kind lawyer type want to hack out a suitable form for us?

I think that Ms. Carlin, as lead plaintiff, should show her breast on national television, just for comparison.

Well, someone had to say it.

I wasn’t watching the halftime show, so I’m not part of the Class. Oh, such a pity that I won’t be taking part in this suit’s settlement!

But your a defamed American! You have damages! You should file papers to join The Class.

Oh look over there. I seem to have dropped this ’ and e. Please mentally add them in the above post.

On behalf of Knoxvillagers everywhere, I’d like to apologize. We’re (well, my wife, daughter and I specifically) aren’t all that bad.

Funny thing is, Mrs. Carlin is listed in the phone book. Wonder how soon it’ll be until that number gets changed.

What standing is required to file an amicus brief in a civil proceeding? I’d to submit Defense Exhibit “A”, a picture of that soldier with a tin cup captioned, “How about a warm cup of STFU?”

First of all, she will never prove any injury. Second of all, any damaging effects :rolleyes: of said exposure are only being compounded by uptight jerks with not enough to think about that INSIST on making this a national priority. With no uproar, this story would die and be forgotten about and have no significance. Finally, if you really want to bitch about appropriateness, why not take the whole damn halftime show to task? If your child would be so scarred to see a brief glimpse of a tit, then your child also should not have listened to Kid Rock sing about 40s and hoes and drugs or to Nelly singing about how it’s getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes.

Here’s the lawyer that filed the suit.

http://www.rfdlaw.com/WayneRitchie.html

Looks like a fairly normal guy. Although he was also a politician:

“In addition to his law practice, Mr. Ritchie served as a member of the Tennessee House of Representatives in the 98th, 99th, and 100th General Assemblies, serving on the Finance, Ways and Means and Judiciary Committees and the Select Committee on Ethics. During his tenure, he was recognized by Common Cause for his work on ethics and campaign finance reform legislation and received the Citizen Action Leadership Award for his work on consumer rights issues.”

Hmmm. He must view this as a “consumer rights issue”. Fucking putz.

Through Google as well. I think Mrs. Carlin might be in for some trouble. I certainly hope she changes her number soon.

heh. Nice one.

I’ve been to Canada a few times. Is that enough to qualify for citizenship? Please?

I’d imagine a fair number of plaintiffs will be spending their 26 cent settlement on Kleenex and hand lotion.

I’d join the suit, and invest my share in one of those nipple thingys.