Test your internet speed.

University provided connection into my room in college.

Your line speed is:
309.6 Kbps
37.9 K bytes/sec

RCN Cable.
Check it out at www.RCNsucks.com :wink:

Meanwhile us Opposition types only get

988.9 Kbps
121.2 K bytes/sec

:mad:

Assuming no-one’s goofed a power of ten, I think I really love my university.

And that was the slowest of the first three tests! Admittedly, I’m also using Safari on OSX with aDSL. Mozilla Firebird has pretty ordinary results though.

Let’s see here…

This is from work (University), using Mozilla Firefox. I have no clue what kind of pipline connects us to the 'net, as I’ve never found someone who knows.

I’ll see what kind of speed this test gives me at home when I get there…

<< Had a life. Got a modem. >>

UK here, at work so absolutley no idea what this goes though.

31.3 Kbps
3.8 K bytes/sec

I can’t get broadband. Quote from telco (lovely BT, grrrr) “Your exchange has ADSL broadband. However, the length of the telephone line between you and the exchange is too long for ADSL broadband. However, we are continuing to look for alternative technology solutions and will keep you updated with developments as they happen.”

Hehe… My connection at work stinks! I ran that test three times and averaged to come up with 482 kbps.

At home, I get a steady 1300 or so kbps, (service is rated as 384-1500 down / 128 up) and have the option to upgrade to 6 mbps (6000 down / 384 up) service for another $10 per month.

I just need to answer the question: Is it worth another ten bucks a month for faster service? Oddly, even at $10 more, it’s still $5 cheaper than I was paying last year - last August, my bill suddenly went down by $15. My ISP’s circuit provider dropped their rates, so my ISP passed on the savings. :cool:

Eh, mine wasn’t bad – certainly not as fast as some of you!

Your line speed is:
731.4 Kbps
89.6 K bytes/sec

All you speedy cable or at work people!

479.1 Kbps
58.7 K bytes/sec

UK Broadband here - and a great improvement it is on the old dial-up. I practically have to strap myself into the chair by comparison.

Insight Cable, PC, Mozilla Firefox .8

Your line speed is:
2390.2 Kbps
292.9 K bytes/sec

I feel special.

And apparently that was a slow test, because I just did it again and got:

3029 Kbps
371.2 K bytes/sec

Did I mention my cable modem is still capped?

Home, Comcast, ran the test 3 times:

dslreports gives me more consistent results around 3000 K bytes/sec, my rated speed.

Your line speed is:
1588.8 Kbps
194.7 K bytes/sec

Home, OSX, Cogeco Cable

I’d like to know also. I only get:
209.6 Kbps
25.7 K bytes/sec
Right now I use IE, but have been considering switching. Any suggestions? Maybe Firefox, or Safari?

1095.3 Kbps
134.2 K bytes/sec

Optimum Online, southern Connecticut.

That’s nothing, though - I’ve gotten upwards of 1500 kilobytes / second downloading from high-speed servers through this connection.

Do I win the booby prize? My specs:

Your line speed is:
18 Kbps
2.2 K bytes/sec

This is the best available thru SBC in my neighborhood. Complaints go like this:

“I am getting very slow data service on my dialup phone line.”

“Are you getting 14.4K baud?”

“Yes, up to 21K. 26K when it doesn’t rain.”

“Then you are getting our bonus service at no extra charge. All we guarantee is 14.4K. Anything above that is gravy.”

“You must have a lot of happy customers. That is so 1980’s.”

{click}

This from Morehouse College. I’m disgusted. I mean, I knew it was slow… but damn!

I do, and my PC is noticeably faster than the Mac. Can’t test it right now but we will later tonight (our nanny is using the Mac right now).