Texas Senate: Guns okay. Feminine hygiene not okay.

Screw it, have the women show up with guns then. Maybe it’ll make the legislators feel safer than if the women were carrying tampons.

Regardless of your position on the issue being debated by the Texas legislature,
I think this does as well as anything to expose the moral and intellectual corruption
of the 21st century Republican party.

I am assuming, and I do not think it is too much of an assumption to make, that
the Texas DPS is 100% Republican-appointed and 100% under the thrall of the
TX Republican party. I did look up the TX State Sen. Kirk Watson who talked the
DPS out of this particular insanity, and he is a Democrat.

Before this debate is over I hope a number of people suceed in sneaking douchebags
into the gallery and then unloading a volley of 'em onto the Republican side of the aisle.

Douchebags to Texas Republicans, coal to Newcastle.

Wait, so, in TX, anyone with a concealed-carry permit can come armed to the gallery while the Senate is in session?

Get thee behind me . . .

Supposedly, there’s evenan expedited entrance line for people with their guns. So, while the regular folks have to wait in line and have their tampons seized, the gun toters get to skip the line. Yay!

Got two bits says you stand in that line with the wrong complexion or a Che T-shirt, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Yeah, but that’s true in a lot of Texas.

They were preventing people from bringing bags of feces in, too. I suppose you have a problem with that, too.

Supposedly, that was a rumor started by conservative blogs that was unsubstantiated. Have any proof?

DPS has told us about suspected containers of feces and urine.

“Suspected”? Gimme a break- what could be easier to confirm
than feces and urine??? If feces and urine have not yet been
confirmed then this story is nothing but Republican BS.

So, if you had a gun AND tampons could you get in quickly and undetected by going in the expedited line?

Or would the Tampon Detectors go off, so you’d be caught anyway?

That’s from here.

Here’s another:

(emphasis mine)

Offered without comment.

Your 1st cite can’t make up its mind between “suspected” and “reported”
and your 2nd cite is going with “suspected” all the way.

“…ah, we copy, Baker One Five, have you confirmed the feces?”"

“Whaddaya mean ‘confirm’? Its brown, in a bag, turd shaped…”

“Roger, Baker One Five, do you see any corn kernels, or is the subject carrying a pooper scooper…?”

“Hey, you wanna confirm the feces, ya’ll just come on down here and you can confirm as much as you damn well please! I ain’t confirming shit, and I mean that figuratively! And literally!”

Well, you know, coals to Newcastle.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

Some people were bringing in jars of feces and paint, so tampons and diabetes medication were confiscated. Yes, when you put it like that it makes sense.

But if you have glitter and/or confetti, it’s gonna be confiscated.

I’ve been hella sick the last three weeks or so, to the point where I can’t drive. It’s a pity. I’ve got a handgun, and I can get hold of glitter and confetti. I don’t have a uterus (any longer). If I’d been feeling better, it would have been road trip time.

Let me provide it for you then. The DPS unequivocally states the things they found. After the fact, you have a Tribune reporter going around to try to find the guys who actually found the stuff. Fair enough. But he couldn’t find the individual(s). The simpler explanation is that the reporter just didn’t talk to the right guy. Possibly, “yet”. Now, it is possible that the report is either in error or was fabricated. But, Frustrated Unfunny Wannabe-Funny-Man meet Occam. Occam, meet Frustrated Unfunny Wannabe-Funny-Man.