Thank God For The 2nd Amandment

Cripes, you must smoke a lot of dope.

Two thoughts:

I disagree that mass shootings are our favorite gun activity. I believe, by the numbers, that it is suicide.

When I suggested to my husband that we go to Europe next year, he said something about not wanting to die there. When I asked him what he meant, he said he didn’t want to get killed in terrorist violence. Literally ROFLMAO for about five minutes.

Third thought: I don’t mind OP painting us all with that big brush, we haven’t done anything about it, the non-pro-NRA folks have not organized or made this any kind of priority. We don’t even talk a good game. We deserve the scorn of other countries.

I just want to mention that I haven’t shot anyone at all today. Nor yesterday, as a matter of fact.

Tomorrow? Well, that remains to be seen. I’ve gotta say, however, that egregious misspellings like “Amandment” make me very, very angry.

Military type weapons seems a bit of an overly broad statement that while factually true since rifles are used by the military carries a connotation that isn’t quite accurate. Like where can I get my A-10 Warthog?

We can also own assault trucks and assault cars and assault vans. However, the vast majority of people aren’t crazy or violent enough to intentionally use them in illegal or destructive manners.

Milquetoast? :frowning:

I try to follow the teachings of Captain James Tiberius Kirk: “I will not kill…today.”

You shouldn’t post while being a dope.

It always is.

Among all the insults and counter insults in this thread is one nagging theme that is driving me crazy.

I just gotta know.

Zeke, what kind of popcorn are you eating?

Is is Orvilles’s with some oil popped in a pot?

Some boutique shoppe’s white cheddar dusted? (my favorite)

If it’s microwave then I couldn’t give a fuck about your opinion.

Cars, trucks, and vans? Pretty weak. When are you going to get to icepicks and hammers?

I’ll admit to being a connoisseur of wharrgarbl but the OP is not a great example - a well-travelled topic, tepid thread title, no particularly colourful turns of phrase or imaginative obscenities, incoherencies that are too disjointed and lack flow… I mean, sure, fuck America’s obsession with deadly weapons but this thread doesn’t really convey that well.

I give it 4 out of 10. Needs work.

An immediate, awkward silence descended over the Galactic Senate. “Excellent,” Palpatine chuckled ominously. It was at this moment Yoda realized he had forfeited his bid for control of the galaxy.

no, you aren’t.

Amandment sounds like what you’d name a boy when you were really hoping for a girl, and were going to name her “Amanda.”

Point of order. The metal ducks do not shoot at each other.

And, although the US clearly has a massive gun control problem, you just sound incredibly stupid.

I agree with much of OP, but want to clear up a misapprehension.

First: most Americans don’t even own a gun! Why are we “retards”? If it’s for not complaining loudly enough about the gun culture, be aware that Hillary’s emphasis on gun control led to the election of Donald J. Trump. :eek: Do you see what “this nation of retards” is up against?

Second, thinking with one’s penis is as American as apple pie. This is valid even though, for many American men, their surrogate penis is a handgun.

Finally, the Koch Brothers and other kleptocrats who inflame the Gun Rights idiocy are not “retards” — they are as smart as killer sharks, even putting Mr. Orange Flatulence in the Oval Office.

Well, maybe OP’s “retard” remark was valid, after all.

I was going to say that the 2nd Amandment was the casting of Winona Ryder as Spock’s mother, but I see that Majel Barrett should count as the 2nd Amandment, Cynthia Blaise as the 3rd Amandment, and Winona Ryder as the 4th Amandment.

So half a dozen Latin American and African countries are not civilized?

Or are you only talking about white countries?

Well, even f you got rid of all gun murders we are still murder each other more than any western European country.

Wait, what? Gun homicides seem to be on the rise, if anything.

Personally, I’m planning a shooting next week for a family gathering. Woohoo, second amendment!

Odd that somebody whose username sounds like “Seek and Destroy” has such a big objection to the 2nd Amandment.

Only someone with a username like Darth_Hamsandwich could come up with this. :smiley: