Thank you, Dopers and (eventually) Pitters!

[QUOTE=Triskadecamus]
Great. Two offers, and I’m still under a dollar. Either I have to be a much bigger asshole, or I gotta start pissing off a better class of poster!

Tris
[/QUOTE]
Hey! HEY!!!

:mad:

[QUOTE=What Exit?]
Way back when I accused **Liberal ** of making an offer that was beneath contempt. Before everyone decides he did not weasal out of said offer, lets address the offer itself.

Is the Dope now going to have posters openly buying people off the board?
Is this the best way to handle someone that is disagreeable?
Do you want to be on a board where everyone is agreeable?
Do we really want to entertain suggestions like EddyTeddyFreddy’s to vote people off?

I do not want to **Liberal ** or pseudotriton ruber ruber to leave the dope. They both help to keep it interesting.

Jim
[/QUOTE]
I do agree with you here…I don’t necessarily condone the concept of the original offer. I think Liberal was out of line in suggesting that some people should leave the board to make it more pleasant for everyone else…if you can’t stand the heat, then YOU should stay out of the kitchen, you know? My opinion of how the deal went down (or didn’t go down as the case may be) stands, however.

[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
Which terms disqualified me the second I posted in order to discuss them. That’s honorable? Have you got your head so far up **Liberal’**s ass you can’t even see how absurd defending his honor has become?
[/QUOTE]
Aw, shit, I defend your assessment of what’s been going on in this thread, and then notice you got all nasty and over-the-top with Sarahfeena? Sheesh, she and I disagree on a lot of things but she’s nobody’s sycophant, in fact she’s a damn fine Doper and unfailingly polite – a much nicer person than I am. :slight_smile:

Come on, prr – you’re smart enough to understand the folly of burying your message in such a layer of manure that nobody wants to dig it out.

[QUOTE=What Exit?]
I did recognize it for parody. I thought it was funny for that matter. I thought the vote people off was a fair humorous reply. I am mostly afraid some people would think it was a good idea. :wink:

Jim
[/QUOTE]
Yeh – just imagine if the Reader decided it’d be a good way to fund this place! :eek:

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
Come on, prr – you’re smart enough to understand the folly of burying your message in such a layer of manure that nobody wants to dig it out.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
Yeh – just imagine if the Reader decided it’d be a good way to fund this place! :eek:
[/QUOTE]

I still say a good way to get money would be to sell custom title rights for other posters.

ASSHAT and SDMB’S STUPIDEST POSTER and LIMERICK LADY would abound.

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
Come on, prr – you’re smart enough to understand the folly of burying your message in such a layer of manure that nobody wants to dig it out.
[/QUOTE]

You’d think so, but the continued flailing just makes me think he’s tone deaf when it comes to his own message board posts.

[QUOTE=Frank]
I still say a good way to get money would be to sell custom title rights for other posters.

ASSHAT and SDMB’S STUPIDEST POSTER and LIMERICK LADY would abound.
[/QUOTE]
:dubious:

Would that be anyone I know?

:dubious:

[QUOTE=Frank]
I still say a good way to get money would be to sell custom title rights for other posters.

ASSHAT and **SDMB’S STUPIDEST POSTER ** and LIMERICK LADY would abound.
[/QUOTE]

My God the competition for this one would be astounding.

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
:dubious:

Would that be anyone I know?

:dubious:
[/QUOTE]
There once was a lady so dumb,
She kept horses who chewed on her thumb.
Her fondness for cats,
Was, quite frankly, bats,
'Cause a dog should be a gal’s bestest chum!

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
Aw, shit, I defend your assessment of what’s been going on in this thread, and then notice you got all nasty and over-the-top with Sarahfeena? Sheesh, she and I disagree on a lot of things but she’s nobody’s sycophant, in fact she’s a damn fine Doper and unfailingly polite – a much nicer person than I am. :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]
Gee, thanks, ETF, I appreciate that.

[QUOTE=Sarahfeena]
Gee, thanks, ETF, I appreciate that.
[/QUOTE]
And I second ETF’s assessment. If you say I was out of line, then I was out of line. You are the very definition of honesty and fairness.

[QUOTE=Liberal]
And I second ETF’s assessment. If you say I was out of line, then I was out of line. You are the very definition of honesty and fairness.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks to you, too, Liberal. Hope there are no hard feelings about what I said.

[QUOTE=Sarahfeena]
Thanks to you, too, Liberal. Hope there are no hard feelings about what I said.
[/QUOTE]
Absolutely not! The noise of this place doesn’t really bother me anymore. I try to listen for the harmony. You are easy on the ears. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
There once was a lady so dumb,
She kept horses who chewed on her thumb.
Her fondness for cats,
Was, quite frankly, bats,
'Cause a dog should be a gal’s bestest chum!
[/QUOTE]

It wasn’t my horse took that bite!
I was just being kind on that night
To a schoolie whose eyes
Begged for hay. Was’t unwise
To leave thumb in hay? Um, well… you’re right. :o

But on cats, I insist you are WRONG
Though shown subtly, their love is quite strong
They are graceful, amusing
(That is, when not snoozing)
And don’t drool upon my sarong.*
*Look, I was stumped for an ending, okay? :mad:

[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
It wasn’t my horse took that bite!
I was just being kind on that night
To a schoolie whose eyes
Begged for hay. Was’t unwise
To leave thumb in hay? Um, well… you’re right. :o

But on cats, I insist you are WRONG
Though shown subtly, their love is quite strong
They are graceful, amusing
(That is, when not snoozing)
And don’t drool upon my sarong.*
*Look, I was stumped for an ending, okay? :mad:
[/QUOTE]
I love cats, and make lots of ga ga over my friends’ feline companions. The problem is, my JRTs love cats too. In sort of a different way.

[QUOTE=pseudotriton ruber ruber]
I assume this means you think my posts derive from badchad’s? As What Exit keeps pointing out for your benefit, I’ve posted over 3,000 times here, very few of which have to do with atheism or related subjects.

.
[/QUOTE]

Perhaps in the past, no longer. Now in your last 25 posts, over 20 were fixated on this one subject.

[QUOTE=DrDeth]
Perhaps in the past, no longer. Now in your last 25 posts, over 20 were fixated on this one subject.
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, there are times when my recent history shows 10 or 15 (or possibly even 20) posts to a single thread, because that particular thread has a subject I find interesting. Sooner or later, though, the thread dies and my attention wanders like a latchkey kid at the mall.

Well if nothing else, this is one of Lib’s more creative “Let’s make this all about me, cause I must be stroked by the SDMB” endeavors. I have to admire him for that, although his seemingly insatiable need for validation year after year is a bit tedious, to say the least.

[QUOTE=Crotalus]
Nothing silly or illogical about that. What I think is silly and illogical is the idea that I should care about the behavior off of this board of someone whom I have never met IRL, and very likely never will. Why should the idea that he might be a professor, or very kind to his mother, or anything else, mitigate the fact that I think he’s an asshole on this message board?
[/QUOTE]

Crotalus, you fucking nailed it, very well put! I don’t give a flying fuck about how posters are “in real life”. It doesn’t exist. This board is just nameless people typing shit who will never see each other “irl”. Sure, quite a few posters have met at Dopefests, and whatnot, but generally not. I don’t care.

Some of those real life meetings have spilled over into major bullshit on the boards. I think that’s funny as shit. I don’t give a shit who I irritate in the Pit. I have pissed off a few people on the board. Mostly I don’t “exist” in Doper World. So what.

When I am not reading the board, I don’t think about you people. When I read the board, if something irritates me in real time, I will post in the Pit real time. Or I might post in another forum, where civility ensues.

That’s why I like the Pit BTW. To me, message boards are fantasyland, entertainment, a diversion, and that’s why I think for example Lib’s flailing to be recognized all the time is complete bullshit, because he attempts sometimes to involve his Pit postings with real life.

To whit:

“Here’s an offer to leave the board, but oh, I will weasel, and then I will cover my sorry ass by offering to support a charity and score Doper points, thereby making it all about me again” And “Oh, I was gonna get Poly to hold the shit”

That’s chickenshit.(Not you Poly)

Oh, and the drama queen trying to elicit sympathy lame as bullshit post a while back: Paraphrased: “I might not be around in the next year or two”

Lib’s bullshit alone is enough to make my fifteen bucks worth it, hell, I can get an hours worth of entertainment out of his bullshit, while I am randomly surfing the net and reading the Dope.

Yeah, dude, when I read the board, I don’t like you one fucking bit. Well, I don’t like a lot of you Dopers, but the board is all I got. No doubt I would like a lot of y’all IRL, but that doesn’t count.

If you don’t get this post, you need to step away from the computer. :dubious:

Anyway, I never cease to laugh at this goofy board.