[QUOTE=Triskadecamus]
Five hundred bucks is not enough to hurt me.
Send the dough, Liberal.
Pseudo, My board email is years old, and very easy to find. My Board name, at hotmail, so you can send me instructions on how you want payment. I will leave my son instructions on paying you if I die. Since you have decided to trust me, I will assume responsibility for trusting Liberal and negotiate his payment to me. I will pay the money myself, if he fails to pay me. You have my word, are covered as of this moment. Email to me, of course is perfectly acceptable. I check it fairly often. You may feel free to discuss unrelated issues, as it happens. I have no part of this other than honorable bag man.
By replying positively to this post, and acknowledging your intentions, you accept the terms to stop posting thereafter, by your current board name, or any other.
One post, and then permanent silence. Good bye.
The deal is done.
Tris
You really can’t make this shit up. ~ me ~
[/QUOTE]
Are you assuring me that as of this moment YOU consider yourself to owe me $500, payable in two years (at approximately 4 a.m. on February 18th, 2009–you can pay me earlier if 4 a.m. isnt convenient for you) whether Liberal sends you the check at all, or whether it turns out to be any good or not? Because if not, I’ll continue posting (those are my terms) until you get his check and verify that it’s good.
You understand, it would be foolish of me to forgo posting for two minutes, much less for two years, just to learn from you, “Oh, I never got that check from Lib after all” or “I got the check, but it bounced when I tried cashing it” because no one here would blame you as much as they’d blame that weaseling Liberal, who would be out nothing and whose standing in this commmunity couldn’t get much lower no matter what he did. So, if it’s all the same to you, unless you’re making that commitment to owing me $500 personally as of this moment even if Liberal sends you nothing, I’d be much more comfortable starting the clock when you have cashed (or deposited) his check.
In fact, I’m going to insist on that, both because that’s what I’ve stated previously as my terms, and because I’d feel bad if, say, Liberal were to die before mailing you a good check–if I stopped posting, I’d feel bad about insisting that you still owed me money, and I’m pretty sure most of the SDMB would insist that, under those circumstances, you didn’t owe me a thing.